See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I stayed in the end of March for a couple of nights. Location is great - close to metro station and bus stop is opposite the hotel. Some supermarkets nearby and main streets are also next to hotel.
Room is not tiny as in many French hotels, very decent size. The small minus is that sound proof could be better - it's easy to hear your neighbors and creaking floor sometimes. That's probably the only things I wasn't very happy about. All other positive things in the hotel compensated all this.
Breakfast is good, with fesh bread and croissants, cheese, ham, yogurts, fruits. Also cereals and dried fruits. Coffee, tea, juice - they bring to your table what you wish. Not bad at all!
But the "best of the best" in the hotel - it's staff. The lady at the reception started to help already upon my arrival - printed buses schedule, explained how to get where I needed, recommended restaurants nearby (I've been to these both - excellent recommendation), explained about problems I could face as there was a strike at one of the days I was there etc. Really helpful and all to the point. And you straightway you feel they really care about their guests.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Everyone had been telling us about Lyon, especially the cuisine and the old city. WE booked Hotel Foch as it was easy to access (driving from Chamonix Mt Blanc) yet still nice and close to the main attractions of the city. Indeed being in the 6th district of Lyon it is close to the old town (15 minutes walk) and the Park Tête d'Or (10 minutes walk north). The hotel is small but exquisite. It has only 16 rooms, and ours was tastefully appointed. The only complaint was that one of the pillows was lumpy and the free internet slow. The proprietor M. Dennis was wonderful, and really made the stay memorable. He helped with our sightseeing with plenty of suggestions. He had a few friends around for a quite drink at 10 pm Saturday night and kindly invited us to join, and would have except for exhaustion. Maybe next time. Breakfast and checkout was great. This is not a slick faceless multinational hotel chain but it is a friendly place to stay that I would return to next time we visit Lyon.

Room tip: No problems with road noise. We had a room on the third floor overlooking the street, and weren't bothered by street noise.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Emilie and Alex both spoke very good English and were very accommodating to us on our girls city break. There had been a mix up with the room by booking.com but they sorted that for us with little hassle. They also arranged our airport transfers with Stephane which was a big help and I'm sure saved us money. The girls recommended we did a boat trip when we arrived which was a good thing to do and easy way to see sights. They also recommended 'M', a nearby restaurant which I would recommend as food was excellent. Breakfast is probably better at a nearby cafe but all in all we had a pleasant experience at Hotel Foch and would go back.

Room tip: rooms to the front were nicer - and not at all noisy from traffic, though there were some creaky floorboards!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We stayed one night only but immediately we feel like home. They are so kind and friendly but not too much. Immediately she decided what the best no hesitation. The hotel itself is very nice, I love it because the impression is staying in the french aristocrat old house, so calm, nice decoration, big room for two, nice restaurant and nice living room around several rooms. The hotel is located in the nice quarter near the Rhone. One of the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emilie V, Responsable réception at Hotel Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Madam,

We are so glad you had one of your best stay with us. We really like you to feel like in french aristocrat old house.
All our staff is here to served you and make you feel comfortable and we are happy you enjoy it.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I was just for one night with my boyfriend and overall is a nice hotel to stay.It is clean, the room was big and cosy and the location was good. The person at reception is a very friendly and helpful man.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emilie V, Responsable réception at Hotel Foch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Hello,

We are happy you appreciate our good location and the large room.
All are team is happy to make your stay confortable.

Thank you for you compliment.
Best regards