1,614 results
All reviewsplace de la republiquegreat locationold towncozy roomexcellent hotelfront desk staffdinner reservationswithin walking distancesmall balconythe hotel staffcentral locationbreakfast roomloved this hoteljunior suiteshopping districtrestaurant recommendationsnespresso machine
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at many places during my travels with hotel on similar level and price, but the service here just don’t much up to their competitors. Firstly the managers at the counter don’t seemed to be friendly or maybe because I am not French. Generally for a four star, it doesn’t have much to offer, no gym or pool, the spa is on renovation but didn’t say anything during the booking, the lift’s level 4 button don’t work unless you smash it. Generally, would expert more from the amenities and services. Btw, WiFi is also unstable. Not coming back again.

Stayed: August 2018
DirectriceCarlton, Directeur général at Hotel Carlton Lyon - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Carlton Lyon - MGallery by Sofitel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

General Manager Hôtel Carlton Lyon MGallery by Sofitel

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience
Junior inexperienced staff
I had a problem with my reservation (requested twin bed and got king beds ).. Sure it was booking.com problem nothing to do with the hotel but I was expecting the staff to be more professional in dealing with the situation.

I had to cancel my reservation and leave almost 10 minutes later

The moment you go in the smell of the reception is strange
Handicap elevator is almost 8 steps high! Not sure how this can be used !

Old style

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

To answer your review, as you already know, you booked the last 2 rooms of the hotel which were with queen beds. This point being clarified, it was impossible to switch to another room with 2 beds. Our staff even tried to find you another room in another hotel to help you with your request, that's why I find it a bit arsh to say staff didn't handle the situation professionnaly.

Lastly, concerning our handicaped lift it indeed goes up to the top of the stairs to reach the main elevator but it also goes down those 8 steps to help people get into it.

General Manager Hôtel Carlton Lyon MGallery by Sofitel

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Had a wonderful stay at this property. Very comfortable room with a wonderful breakfast option. Elegant bar to enjoy a beverage with some light snacks. Walking distance to many attractions and shopping. Enjoyed the beautiful farmers market nearby along the river.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank curvanord75
DirectriceCarlton, Directeur général at Hotel Carlton Lyon - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to read your comment regarding your stay at the Carlton hotel in Lyon !
I see that you enjoyed your entire experience and I hope to welcome you back soon to confirm such a great review.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Perfectly located on the heart of Lyon. We had the bar to ourselves for a happy hour cocktail. The staff were young and exceptional. The cocktails we had were incredibly well made, tasty and worth every cent. We stayed and worked from our laptops for an hour so in comfort and peace. The perfect afternoon relaxation in a five star lounge setting. Merci beaucoup!
See you again soon!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank accidentallynomads

Dear guest,

"Merci beaucoup" for your review regarding your fabulous experience at the Bar of the Carlton hotel in Lyon !
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every part of your stay.

I hope to welcome you back very soon and taste some of our other delicious cocktails !

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Pros: Excellent location, charming decor, very friendly and professional staff, spacious room, great water pressure in the shower (absolutely perfect), free wifi, refillable toiletries (very environmentally friendly)

Cons: One of the staff was a heavy smoker and had really bad cigarette breath - the hotel should require all smoking staff to consume breath mints after they smoke!

Overall, the hotel was exceptional and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple