All reviews perrache station tram stop visit lyon again decent hotel walking distance lovely hotel one night stay stayed nights excellent location yogurt tgv confluence conference toiletries
Reviewed 9 July 2018

What a nice surprise to land in hotel Charlemagne after being denied a reserved room in another hotel as a result of Expedia's un-efficient dealings - it was the evening and as a matter of urgency I was obliged to find an alternative solution. Called the nearby hotel Charlemagne, luckily they had a room, despite the fact that I arrived in the evening, I was very well received by the reception staff, lovely hotel with gardens and with all what you need, the room was so nicely decorated, comfortable, clean. I strongly recommend this hotel for you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Fabienne G, Responsable commercial at Hotel Charlemagne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for this nice feedback shared with TripAdvisor's Travellers.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and mainly the quality of our services.
Taking care of our guest is the priority for our staff and they are grateful for all your good remarks.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon among us.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for short period but recommend to stay because it is very comfortable. The hotel is near the station and the center of city. I can walk and see a lot of places. Very cozy, clean, good views

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tatiana T
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Stayed for 7 nights while visiting our daughter in Lyon. Rooms are small and hotel is a bit older but it was always clean. Location is very close to Confluence Mall and even closer to Perrache Station where you can catch the TGV and buses to other areas of France.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We only stayed here one night prior to a river cruise, hence our experience is limited. We thought it was an slightly above average Best Western. What struck us most was the spacious outdoors landscaping on the property. The hotel itself was what one would expect for a city located Best Western. It was clean, well supplied, air conditioned, and the front desk very helpful. This hotel have a good location for restaurants for the evening meal and for access to the river dock the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Decent location. They have two buildings and we stayed in “the other building “ which was very old, tired/dated and run down. Only one elevator for 7 floors and we were on 7th floor. Staff was mostly friendly. We did have an incident with finding a pillowcase in our luggage that we did not pack leading us to believe our luggage was “gone through”. When I bought it to the front desk they didn’t apologize and just stated the pillowcase was from a different hotel. I certainly didn’t pack a pillowcase from home or from a hotel I’d never been to.

Stayed: September 2017