1,009 results
All reviewsnice swimming poolnice hotelsmall gymthe rivercity centreenjoyed our stayquiet areatram stopeasy accessnice stayold townhotel is locatedhalletramwayconfluencemotorwayeuros
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We used this as a stop over on our way further south, and it was convenient for us, being close to the motorway.
Reception was attentive and efficient.
The room was comfortable, slightly tight for 4 of us, but certainly manageable.

The food looked good, but it was quite pricey, and we decided to explore Lyon instead.

The location is perfect if you want to head over to the Musee des Confluences, but not so good if you want to pop out for a walk around town. It took us 30 minutes to walk up to the café areas. That said, the tram stop is very close, and apparently there is an area with cafes south east of the hotel, but we didn't find it.

There is parking available on the street, but with a full car opted for the paid parking. At 12 euros, its not cheap, but gave us peace of mind.

Novotel were holding a promotional offer where kids go free - this meant the room was good value.

The swimming pool was an added bonus - not very big, but sufficient to cool off after a long drive.

The hotel advertises a fitness centre, but this is very basic.

The building itself is not particularly attractive. Interestingly, the building also hosts the 3 star Ibis - presumably owned by the same hotel group.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NathalieCaoudal, Responsable Qualité at Novotel Lyon Gerland Musee des Confluences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Lyon Gerland Musée des Confluences.

Nathalie.C Responsable Qualité Novotel Lyon Gerland Musée des Confluences

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Novotel Gerland because:
- The reception was fine and professional
- breakfast was more than adequate and without any hassle
- car park was secure (although rather expensive)
- only 200 meters to tram to the city(you can pay with your credit card)

We didn't like that housekeeping began around 8 o'clock in the morning, so we were woken up. We were on holiday! We also didn't like that housekeeping entered the room when we ate breakfast - at 9 o'clock! Give us a break!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vintherbottom
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business. Rooms where pretty good but had bathroom and toilet in separate rooms which seemed at tad odd. The guy at reception was really helpful at 2am in the morning which was a bonus. Had room service the following morning which arrive very quickly and was pretty good.
Perfect cheap hotel to stay on a business trip but probs not ideal for a holiday.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
NathalieCaoudal, Responsble Qualité at Novotel Lyon Gerland Musee des Confluences, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for expressing your satisfaction with the services of our hotel. I shall relate personally to the teams your very positive feedback about them. The pleasure to welcome again in our hotel.

Kind regards.

Novotel Lyon Gerland the confluence Museum quality manager Nathalie.C

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at Novotel Lyon. Perfect location especially since we were going to a concert in the Halle Tony Garnier which is 5 minutes walk from there.

The hotel is very nice. Clean and staff very proffesionnal and polite. The room was clean and spacious. With large screen with cable tv.

There was a parking which was important for me.

A nice swimming pool. Not huge but very good with the heat and nice weather it was convenient.

Breakfast was perfect. Lots of choice. And served till 11am !

Check out is at noon.

Those small stuff that make the difference and your stay a better stay.

I really recommand this place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
NathalieCaoudal, Responsable Qualité at Novotel Lyon Gerland Musee des Confluences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you, for your positive return on your experience within our facility.
I will pass on your return to the teams, who work every day to satisfy our customers.

The pleasure you receive during your next stay.

Nathalie.C Responsable Qualité Novotel Lyon Gerland Musée des Confluences

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Before starting everything I would like to thank to Florian as I left my shoes behind and he personally taken care of all the delivery procedure by keeping close contact with me. For this and another reason I rate you higher than I was actually planning to because personalised service is an important aspect of a hotel experience.

However, someone entered my room when the Do not Disturb sign was up. Same problem was also experienced by my colleauge in another room. Any person (hotelier or not) would know that it is a no no to enter a room with a DND sign on. As a previous hotelier who worked for the Accor Group I can clearly tell that the associate is not to be blame as there is an obvious lack of training. This made me question the overall security of my room as I leave the room messy expecting nobody to get in.

I called the Front Desk and complained about it (clarifiying how severe the situation is). They apologised and told me that the manager would call me back and I left my room. I did not receive any call, maybe I missed it because I left my room but I did not receive any comments or recognition about my complaint. I also made this clear upon check-out.

Room size is decent, toilet and shower is seperate but the toilet is very claustrophobic and not everyone can fit in.

Location is good for my business purposes, there is a mall 15 minutes walking distance and the city center is not far away but you better get a ride for it. Breakfast offers a very good variety. I would also like to thank to the F&B morning staff as there was this young associate (I wish i had taken his name I can only tell that he is African-European) who I asked for a cutlery and he gave me this huge and genuine smile before attending my needs. This made me happy to see that he was enjoying his work and treating guests the right way and genuinely.

Oh, Also good internet speed :)

Well as I said, If it was'nt for Florian's efforts and the F&B staff's genuine service this rating would be well down as entering a room with a DND sign is a clear RED LINE that needs to be taught to every single associate when they start the job.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business