“Excellent Italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Went here for dinner one evening (on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews!). A very easy walk from the centre of town, or even from Chamonix Sud. Good location, next to the river with a backdrop of mountains. We had a pasta and a pizza - both were excellent. The service was excellent - prompt and friendly. We would highly recommend the place and would definitely go back when next in Chamonix.

2  Thank OmNaras

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We picked this restaurant on the basis of some very good Trip Advisor reviews. It's a little on the outskirts of the main area, up near the college. There is a new restaurant opening next door so some building works were going on when we visited. However.... great staff who were very attentive. Nice setting by the river. The food was absolutely exquisite. 2 pizzas a calzone and the seafood spaghetti- all top drawer. Add to that the price (very reasonable for Chamonix) and it was worthy of a 5* from me. Don't miss it for the sake of an extra 4 min walk.

1  Thank markjoandalice
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Was recommended by my hotel to try this place as the hotel didn't do evening meals and it happened to be next door. I'm not a great lover of Pizza ( I always think the base is very bland) but I can appreciate one if the filling is tasty. Unfortunately my Pizza made of primarily ham and cheese didn't have much flavour to it - plus the base was a little burnt in places - and I just didn't enjoy it at all. So I thought I would try a sweet afterwards to see if I could improve things - but I'm afraid this wasn't much better (a chocolate type gateau). So I didn't bother to try the restaurant again and couldn't recommend place. PS - they couldn't serve me an English tea either which wasn't a problem any where else I visited - plus I thought the menu was rather limited.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Neapolis is such a gem - lovely feel, nice staff and really nice food. Portion sizes were generous and the food was absolutely delicious. Proper honest, Italian cooking. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Chamonix. Book in advance though, it was full when we arrived at 20:30.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

A very warm welcoming in this little cosy place. Very nice pizzas and traditional Italian dishes. I had the pasta in vodka, very nice.