All reviews soft drinks grand port great location free parking corner room choice of restaurants quality coffee main town the hotel manager small balconies lakeside location fresh juice night stop excellent breakfast view of the lake private parking superior room
Reviewed 2 May 2017

The Hotel L'IroKo is very well located, right next to the port of the Lac du Bourget in Aix-les-Bains, and several great restaurants. We also appreciated the private parking lot, the very welcoming, friendly and efficient staff, and the complimentary tea, coffee and mini bar in the room. The room we got is not very large, but it was alright for one night. It doesn't face the lake, but from our balcony we did have a nice partial view of the lake and of the park right across the street. Unfortunately, the walls are rather thin and not soundproof, so we heard our neighbours quite well. The bed was not very confortable, and there could have been a second light in the bathroom because the little corner of the WC is a bit dark. As for the decoration, the room looks a bit old and tiring. We would definitely recommend the hotel's owner to repaint the walls and ceilings, and give the room a more modern touch. But despite all that, we'd most probably stay in this hotel again, mainly because of its excellent location and the nice staff.

Date of stay: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I stay at this hotel frequently during business travel with work and always come back. It has a friendly family run feel and although the facilities are pretty basic everything is well run, clean etc. and the staff are always friendly. The location is right in the little port of lac de Bourget and there are plenty of restaurants within a couple minutes walk.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Conveniently located by the lake and marina and not far from the autoroute, a very pleasant hotel for an overnight stay. We were warmly welcomed with minimum fuss and given the keys to our room. The hotel does not have its own restaurant but the staff suggested the Brasserie next door, which was a nice and welcoming place with reasonably good food. We had a nice breakfast the next morning before setting off to the Alps. This was winter so most of the restaurants in the area were closed but during the summer months it must be very enjoyable. A very pleasant stay

Room tip: Had a nice corner room with mountain and lake views
Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This hotel is very well situated near the port on the Bugey lake. Although it does not have its own restaurant, there is a good choice in very close proximity. The hotel has its own private car park. The staff are welcoming.

My husband and I spent only one night in this hotel (January 2017), which served our purpose, but would not consider it for more than a few nights. I had booked a standard double room which would have looked over the car park, but we were offered a free up-grade to a superior room which was much appreciated (No 10). This room was situated on the corner overlooking the lake and had two small balconies. The room was not very big (I knew this in advance), but met our needs. The bathroom was OK, but went into flood-mode when we used the shower over the bath.

Our room was clean, but like the rest of the hotel, could do with quite a bit of modernization and better up-keep. Note that in room 10 there is a street lamp directly outside one of the windows, which is a nuisance at night. We only drew the curtains since we hadn't seen there were shutters (blocked by two plastic chairs).

Heating in the room is very good, with 2-way air conditionning, traditional central heating and a central fan. The good heating was most welcome since the quilt was very thin and even with the small (decorative?) fleece placed at the bottom of the bed I was unusually cold (I'm from the region). We did find an additional blanket in the cupboard, but it was not wrapped in sealed plastic so decided not to use it. The bed itself was fine, but the pillows were not of great quality.

The choice for breakfast (€12/person) was impressive for this level of hotel, with a vast range to choose from, including hams, cheeses, eggs, bacon, continental, a fresh orange juice press, good quality coffee, etc.

Our room was very quiet (out of season), but I can imagine that during the summer months things can get noisy, but then again, that is was summer holidays are about.

I hope that my comments are not too negative. I have tried to be objective and not compare my experiences in luxury hotels. If I go back to Aix les Bains I would still consider this hotel, which is potentially one of the best-placed. In addition to proximity to the the port, only 5 minutes-drive away, there is a bowling alley, cinemas, lots of other restaurants, an aqua park. I cannot comment on the free wifi since I didn't use it.

Room tip: A lake view room is nice but could be noisy in the summer period
Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Beautiful location 1 hour from Geneva, Located on the shore of lake Lac du Bourget. Great for an evening walk along the shore and a meal at one of several restaurants. Popular in the evenings but easy access by road to the private parking lot. Very comfortable rooms with a kettle, fridge, air conditioning and very good soundproofing. We were very glad we stopped here the night before our late morning flight from Geneva back to the US. The breakfast spread was excellent also.

Room tip: Best views are from the lake facing rooms.
Date of stay: August 2016