“Very good and tasty lunch”
Review of Le Comptoir Carnot - CLOSED

Le Comptoir Carnot
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Description: Le Comptoir Carnot, a restaurant located just a stone's throw from the Casino Grand Cercle, in the heart of the city center in a pretty pedestrian street, combines elegant, contemporary and fine cuisine. The atmosphere is warm and felted highlighting the delicate and careful cuisine of Chef Julien Diffe. The menu, based on seasonal produce, finds the right balance between tradition and modernity, accompanied by a fine selection of wines.
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I was walking around in Aix les Bains looking for a restaurant open on Sunday and I found this small one, close to the center of the city.
There were quite good choices in the menu, but I decided to take one the menu selections MENU COMPTOIR (entree, main course and dessert).
I had a "terrine de boeuf" for entree, a piece of pork-breast with polenta and a baba with rum as dessert.
I had a glass of wine, suggested by the waiter and it was very good.

I had more food than I could take (but I finished everything :D).
The quality of the food was very good and it was tasty and well cooked.

The service was fast and nice.

The price was reasonable.

I was very satisfied with my choices and this restaurant.

If you are in Aix LesBains I suggest you to try this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We cae her to try. And we go out as winners. Two nice and efficient waiters served us with a smile althou the restaurant got fil immidiately. (It is sad that there are not menues in english and one of very good waiter dont know saficiant english for serving). The salad oceane was very good. The dorado fis swam in a tasty sauce. Even the beaf filet was smoked well. The restaurant get a modern ambient but the very good musuic of the 60' made the place warmy and warm.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Charming decoration and welcome. The choice on the menu would please everyone.
The choice was difficult to make but I was overwhelmed by the ravioli of Ecrivises
at well as the chicken supreme . There is a choice of reasonable priced wines, both
bottles as well as by the glass. <I wished that we had more time in Aix les Bains to
return to this restaurant. Wonderful fresh products treated with creativity.
And to say that the city is charming with a casino as well.

Thank Lucille and Dan... h
Reviewed 26 December 2016

From the outside, and the inside decor, this looks to be one of the better places in Aix les Bains, though the seating capacity is limited. The waiter is friendly enough. I ordered a truite (trout) from the menu of the day, which was very good. However, my companion ordered a "filet de dorade" (sea bream) from the a la carte menu : this was tough and dry (having tasted it, I can confirm). Furthermore, she developed a skin rash which is still bothering her 2 months later. While still in the restaurant, we complained about this dish to the waitress, but instead of being sympathetic, she was actually angry ! We would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant, I can't speak highly enough of it. They have several formulas, I have tried the 49 euros evening one several times, (half a bottle of wine included) several times and it is always perfect. Lunchtimes are more affordable and the quality is always there!

1  Thank Sara C