“Nice location, food resonable, service so rude !!!”
Review of La salle a manger

La salle a manger
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

The location is really nice and peacefull, some of the food was quite good but the some parts of theT bone steak were just impossible to eat.
The service was extremly rude. There is no english menue so we needed translation. The lady that served us was pretntious, impatienet and gave us the feeling that we are not sofisticated enough for "her food"
So ,if you don't speak french and if you are not willing to be insulted and disapionted -just avoid this place!

Reviewed 28 May 2016

The service was great, the food is awesome, tasty, prepared with care and attention. Everything seems fresh. The restaurant is quiet and luxurious, romantic and well decorated. We have now been three times and only once had an issue with a steak that was a bit sinewy, we mentioned it and we know it won't happen again, that was our first visit and each return visit has been problem free.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Great find, good food and attentive service and although a little expensive, a very pleasant experience.
The courtyard offered a delightful option and also some welcome shelter from the prevailing winds.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We were based in Marseille and were going round the villages in the vicinity. On one particular day we decided to visit Salon De Provence in the evening. It was really a nice place.
When it was time to have dinner we were looking around and deciding between two particular restaurants, consulting Trip Advisor. We decided on this restaurant. It was the right choice as we really had an excellent dinner with an excellent service. We were the second group to enter the restaurant but within a few minutes the restaurant was full and this was mid week.
Even the interior design of the restaurant is very nice.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Got caught in the worst storm in Provence since 2005, so choosing this place was very much the first restaurant that offered shelter.

When you get inside it is very much like a time warp, if you want to sample a restaurant that encapsulates a bygone era then this place is a must.

You wont find a English translation of the menu here, so bring the English/ French dictionary.

My wife and I started with a safe option of a Pizza souffle, well cooked and an ideal starter, my sister in law also went with what she thought was a safe option the Verde risotto, it was green and surrounded by what my wife and I think were deep fried frog legs in bread crumbs. We have not told my sister in law yet, she thinks they were small chicken legs!

For main course my wife went for the stuffed lamb, it looked good and and she thoroughly enjoyed it, my sister in law and I went for the duck breast, very, very pink, but I loved it, not so sure about the sister in law.

We now get to the part where this restaurant excels, the desserts.
my wife had the Apple tart, good pastry absolutely wonderful, I have the chocolate souffle, perhaps lost in translation, but the chocolate were triangle shapes with a hint of marzipan.

However the best dessert, indeed the best dessert of out seven day trip was had by the sister in law, Profiteroles, warm profiteroles with a dish of warm melted chocolate for dipping and ice cream, I tasted some and WOW,WOW,WOW

Come here for the experience and those profiteroles