As you may know (we have more than 15 000 readers) we enjoy spending nights in SPA and luxury hotels.
Initially we booked two nights but we spent three in the Abbaye de Sainte Croix because it's a confortable and peaceful place far from crowed paths. The view is outstanding, the swimming pool is great, the food quite tasty and our room very cosy. People have been "a nos petits soins".
Few recommandations to improve the plac in order to make it an heaven :
- wash regularly the dusty threes along the access path to avoid bad first impression
- clean regularly the fitness outdoor room
- transform in fireplace the rotisserie arena in the dining room
- provide to the each guest a Sainte Croix booklet with all local insights (walking paths, cultural activities, selected partners for food, wine, etc…)
- could be also a good idea to provide bicycles (may be it's done during spring and summer)
If you're looking for typical atmosphere. Don't hesitate to have a diner in Aurons in the bistro located on the place of the village where people are also playing pétanque. It's good, friendly and only 5 minutes far from Abbaye
Next time we will book a room with a terrace. People recommended the Saint-Thomas one. Comme le dirait Saint Thomas, "Let's see".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the rocky outcrops of Salon-de-Provence, a tiny Provence town, which is ideally located to explore everything this delightful area has to offer, there is a tranquil spot where time would appear to have stood still. This 12th century abbey in the hearth of twenty hectares of Provencal gardens and garrigue offers spectacular views of the Alpilles Valley and the countryside surrounding Salon-de-Provence. The rooms still bear traces of the Cistercian monks who once occupied the abbey and boast a decor that blends charm and authenticity and provides a calm and restful atmosphere. You will be delighted with the hotel's attentive service and the culinary delights served in both restaurants which offer delicious dishes based on seasonal local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garrigae Abbaye de Sainte Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbaye De Sainte Croix Hotel Salon-De-Provence