US$199
US$148
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
US$250
US$165
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$135
  • Breakfast included
US$90
US$73
  • Restaurant
Alex Hotel & Spa(Marseille)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$124
US$117
All reviewscommunal areasa lot of noisenoisy at nightvieux portminute walkdormitorytv
Reviewed 12 July 2017

PROS
- Nice location, very close to Vieux Port (Old Port), restaurants and shops
- The men's bunks were in a big shared space with at least 16 guests, so quiet time should be respected.
- There are big windows for ventilation during the day and drapes to cover them up at night.
- The temperature and water pressure in the showers are very good.
- The lockers are next to the beds so it's convenient.
- Staff is very friendly and flexible with extending my stay. Melissa is great, provided me with a bowl and spoon for my cereal in the morning. Thanks Melissa!

CONS
- Windows are facing the street and sometimes there are loud motorcycles outside at night.
- Normally there's toilet paper, but we once ran out at 2AM.
- I wish there was handsoap in the bathrooms (remember to pack your own) and floor towels in the showers.
- Two toilets and two showers are located in the same room and I wish there was better ventilation for steam and toilet smells.
- The door hinges make a lot of noise and could use some oil.

Room Tip: Locks can be provided for 5€ deposit
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night with a friend to visit the touristic attractions of Marseille and go to the bars. The hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk to the vieux port and is quite simple. The beds sleep very well, the room was clean. The only thing is that you can hear your neighbours talk through the wall. Furthermore, the breakfast was really nice (for €5) and the lady at the reception, who also prepared the breakfast, was extremely nice!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stayed there for one night in male dormitory. The room was located beside the road, so its quite noisy at night. Do bring earplug. The cleanliness is fair, nothing very extraordinary. The location is quite centrally located.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Stayed in a triple room for 3 nights with my two brothers.

- Room itself was very basic with just enough space to fit 3 beds in.
- However, I found the beds to be nice and sturdy and the pillows were full so got a good nights rest each night!
- Only Two towels were supplied but luckily we'd brought our own.
- Our euro plug adaptor did not fit the plug sockets in this room BE WARNED. Luckily we had back up batteries.
- No complaints over the bathroom, served its purpose!
- Room was located at front of building on first floor, I sleep with earplugs anyway but didn't have a problem being woken here.

-Felt Location was really good. Most places in area were walkable. Try the Asianique restaurant up the road - really good!

-Staff were more than happy to talk in English to us and were very welcoming contrary to other reviews I've read. Gave helpful advice when asked. (Perhaps depends on the staff).

-Could leave luggage on last day with them up to 2pm for free. However we opted to pay 10Euro (all baggage flat rate) to keep it there until late as we had an 11pm flight.

- Two WiFi connections free to use from room that did a sufficient job just about.

Agree with others than it seemed quite lonely and perhaps a poorer choice for those looking to meet others.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I just stayed there for 2 nights. Crew was very rude. They don't speak English and I don't know French. Rooms were dirty . And totally hotel is very expensive . Hotels address is very mixed I have lost myself in Marsilya many times. And they didn't give me a map

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo