US$175
US$174
US$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$135
US$214
InterContinental
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

nhow Marseille(Marseille)
US$216
US$205
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationboutique hotelpain perduroom had a small balconylovely balconygreat modern hotelold portlady on receptionjunior suitebasic toiletriesmain stationtravelling by trainsleeping arearooms are small but cleanst charles stationcold meatsworked perfectly
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This 3-Star has all the amenities to put many 4 star hotels to shame!! Warm welcome, great facilities, everything was perfect - I had a quiet room on the quiet side of the hotel. Would definitely go back to this hotel if I ever return to Marseille.

Stayed: May 2018
ALEXHOTELMarseille, Directeur général at Alex Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Sunita,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your ALEX Hotel Experience ! Waow we are realy blessed to read your reviews, agaun thank you so much !

We welcome all our guest with smile and we are always happy to share with you all the good tips to visit Marseille ! We are situated walking distance from every nice spot in Marseille and as you said we have some very nice views of the city from all our rooms ! Frioul Islands, Major Cathedral, Notre Dame de la Garde cathedral, St Charles station, and even a tiny piece of Mediteranean sea !

We hope to see you very soon and do not forget that our SPA by Alex, the 1713 Lounge Bar and our Fitness room are now open and we will be very pleased to show those brand new services !

Best Regards from the Manager and all the Hotel team.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend. The hotel is very convenient located for station and around a 15 minute walk to the old port. Hotel is quite modern. Our room was very small but it had a nice balcony which more than made up for this. They did great pre-dinner snacks and all staff were very helpful and friendly. It has just added a spa and fitness room but this annoyingly was not quite open. Had to use a gym in centre of town. Would definitely return and would wholly recommend!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim B
ALEXHOTELMarseille, Directeur général at Alex Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your ALEX Hotel Experience !

It was a real pleasure to welcome you in our brand new Lounge Bar "The 1713" to serve you some aperitif ! It's true that our Spa and Fitness room where about to open but unfortunately the authorization from the security company was a little bit late ! They are now open since yesterday and we will be more than pleased to welcome you back and let you use them !

We hope to see you very soon and thank you again for choosing ALEX Hotel !

Bets Regards from the Manager and all the ALEX Hotel team.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with excellent location for train station and access to port. Delightful new wine bar connected to the hotel just opened. Breakfast was very nice with individually made omelet and French toast. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and nice!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephenSarah123
ALEXHOTELMarseille, Directeur général at Alex Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comment!

We are very honored that you enjoyed your stay at ALEX Hotel and all the informations about Marseille we gave you to discover the beautiful town as we enjoy it everyday here.

It's a real pleasure for us to help you as much as we can to make your stay the most enjoyable as possible.

We all really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome back you again at ALEX Hotel and do not forget that our 1713 Lounge Bar, our SPA by Alex and the 10 Fitness room are now open ! Feel free to reserve on our website to have the best available rate and packages with SPA Access!

Best Regards,

The Hotel Manager and the entire team of ALEX Hotel !

Reviewed 12 April 2018

The reason I give 1 star is this: VERY RUDE MANAGER/OWNER. Let me me explain why. We stayed there for 4 nights and then moved to the Lofts right next to the hotel, since its owned by the same person. We stayed for 2 additional nights at the loft. At the hotel our experience was overall ok. It is a nice, comfy hotel in a good location, the staff was friendly people and we didn't had any big complaints. Maybe breakfast that wasn't that great. But then, we asked for 2 additional nights, they said they were completely booked and suggested us staying at the lofts, for the same price and right next to the hotel, which was very convenient for us since we didn't had to move our bags to a different location in town. What they DID NOT EXPLAIN, is that the loft's building DOESNT HAVE AN ELEVATOR, so we had to carry our 25k bags up 3 stories, which wasn't fun. Then, when we were checking out, we asked at the front desk for help carrying our bags down. It could have been somebody else, but the manager/owner came out and when he realised that it was a big bag he got super upset and started to complain in french and literally hitting our bags against every step of the staircase. We didn't expect this behaviour and didn't like it at all. Very rude! Then he said to my wife 'You could have taken one bag!' and left and never came back. This was completely unacceptable. We will Never go back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank FelipeHolg
ALEXHOTELMarseille, Directeur général at Alex Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your experience in my hotel. As you were very clear about your experience, i wil be very clear as well on mine.

You stayed at ALEX Hotel for four nights for which you have made a reservation through a website which never gave you an invoice, you complained about that, and I proposed you to talk to them (expedia) to try to let them know that you were on a Professional trip so it's necessary for you to have an invoice, FYI I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them just to be nice with you and take away an unecessary stress for you. Then you wish to extend your stay, as you requested to me directly, as we were fully booked I have (again) tried to find you a solution on the Apparthotel next door (which is ABSOLUTELY NOT our apparthotel), you agreed with the proposition and I have reserved it for you. Then when you checked out of the apparthotel, you came back complaining about them and the fact that your appartment was on the third floor and asked to my lady receptionnist to leave her desk to go take your your luggage on the hotel next door !!! I am sorry to be a gentleman and to do not ask to a lady to carry two luggages of 25kg each , again I have been polite, smiley, and Professional and went to help you. I took down the luggage and did not hit any luggage on the walls (i am respectfull) it was my jacket with my keys Inside hitting the metal thing on the corridor. When I was down, you did not had the courtousy to say thank you, you was just staying in the sofa drinking a coffee (offered by my receptionnist).

So yes it's seems that I was rude but it's was just that i was so disapointed by your lake of courtesy after all we made for you.

I take good care of all my guest and my staff, as you can see with the high reviews we have everyday in Tripadvisor.

Anyway, I wish you afterall a nice end of business trip through Europ.

Regards,

The Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2018

The hotel is very nice and it is situated near to the central station and few minutes walk to some nice restaurants. Very friendly staff at the reception. Rooms are not so big and I should order a bigger room. The breakfast is quite good.

Room Tip: Look for bigger rooms, if you have a lot of baggage.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 577svetoslavt
ALEXHOTELMarseille, Directeur général at Alex Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your comments on ALEX Hotel and to take time to share your experience at ALEX Hotel!

It was a real pleasure to welcome you and the show our beautiful town of Marseille as we like it here! To take care of all our guest is our first mission and we have pleasure to treat you well!

At ALEX Hotel we have three rooms category from The CLUB room with balcony (more convenient for a short stay - around 14 sqm), some DELUXE rooms ( good standard room with all the facilities and more spacious - 18 to 22 sqm) and some JUNIOR SUIT with balcony (one room open spaced on a lounge part with sofa bed, desk and free minibar - 22 to 26 sqm). When you reserve on our website you could even choose the colour, decoration and the position of the room (courtyard side, courtyard house or city center side).

We hope to see you very soon and do not forget that our SPA, Lounge Bar and Gym room will open within few weeks now!

Regards,