2,336 results
All reviews beautiful hotel clarins spa notre dame de la garde terrace bar concierge desk old port vieux port historical building indoor pool five star hotel view of notre dame upgraded room beautiful room an upgrade panier district large terrace breakfast buffet
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This hotel is first rate. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are large and modern and the hotel is very elegant. The location is perfect to see all the sites in Marseille. I loved the color scheme and flowers in the main entrance area. The old Port is within walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

The hotel is great in everything, location, room, breakfast, conference halls, reception staff, everything as i said is great.

The only bad thing in this hotel is the concierge, am not talking about the outside concierge who take your car or help you to get a taxi, this staff is extremely helpful.

I am talking about the desk of concierge inside the hotel, why ?

I got a lot of online parcels delivered through my stay, the first day i arrived & by tracking parcels i knew that the 2 parcels are delivered, I asked reception, told me with concierge, went to concierge desk & ask, the lady there made some calls & inform me that nothing is delivered, i told her please search again before i contact the shipping company for asking where or to who they deliver , then she asked me to show her the address !!!! Am i a liar to search for something that doesn't exist ??? Very rude lady, i showed it to her & asked her to search again & suddenly she found them !!!!!! All that took more than 25 min.

Next day i was informed that 2 new parcels delivered, i was outside the hotel, when back to my room i found them in the room, good job this time.

The 3rd day by tracking also knew that the last 2 parcels are delivered, found nothing in my room, called the concierge from room & asked about them, anothe lady told me nothing arrived, i explained the situation happened 2 days ago with her colleague, she searched & told me agian nothing arrived, then she told me that she will search & call me in my room, i waited 10 min no one called, i headed downstairs to reception as i didn't find anyone in concierge desk, there was the night manager who was really a very helpful gentleman, ( Thank you Mr Jacob for your help ), he told me that the concierge lady finished her shift & gone !!!!!!!!!! Again very rude lady, he tries his best to help me & after many searches using the help of security man who have the key to the concierge room, he went there & brought them to me !!!!!!!!!! I thanked them & went back to my room after complaining to the manager.

I traveled many times to different 5 stars hotels around the world & never faced problems like that with my parcels.

Sorry for that long review, i just want to state my problem with parcels with you.

So conclusion, hotel is great in everything except the concierge desk.

Thank you Mr Jacob the night manager for your help & thank you security man for your help also, am sorry i didn't knew your name.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Shady S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that your stay experience went very well, the room, food selection and reception staff, all contributed to your great stay.

However, I was sad reading along your review know that your experience with the hotel Concierge did not go well. I am very sorry to learn about the level of service you received. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2018

The hotel is in a beautifully renovated historic building in the Panier district of Marseille. Friendly/helpful staff, and immaculately clean. So why not a five-star review? Well, for a top-of-the-line hotel, it's still working on a couple of kinks, namely: not replacing drink/wine glasses or refreshing the mini-bar in the room on a daily basis. (One day there was a note saying they could not access my room to do the mini-bar; however, it was left while I was away, and I discovered it when I returned 7 hours later.) The other is that to my knowledge there's no way to access the hotel unless you walk up 50+ steps (not a problem for most of us, but...) or drive. Some signage pointing out where the accessible entry is located would help.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Leslie C, Directeur général at InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback which is essential in our efforts to further improve our service standards and guest experiences.

While we are glad to learn that you were happy with the friendliness of our dedicated staff, and architecture, we were disappointed to read about your unsatisfactory experience with room service. We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again and recover your impression of this service.

Regarding the access to the hotel, you are indeed right to stress out that our hotel is located at the top of a hill with many stairs to reach the entrance. Fully aware that it might be a major problem for most of our guests, there is a little golf cart available that you can call from the street to pick you up.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon in sunny Marseille.

Leslie Cherfils

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Exceptional experience at this hotel. The front desk and concierge were both wonderful. Our suite was amazing. Spacious, beautifully appointed, and spotless. The views from our room were breathtaking. Would definitely recommend this hotel and consider staying here again. The only downsides were at the bar and at breakfast. Service at breakfast was lackluster and service in the bar was virtually nonexistent.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Leslie C, Directeur général at InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent at the InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu.

I am heartened to hear that your experience was an amazing one, and appreciate your compliment on our hospitality, especially the service delivered by our front desk and concierge teams.

I am deeply sorry that we did not afford you with the most impeccable experience and your comments regarding the service at the bar and breakfast have been conveyed to our F&B director for immediate action.

I hope to welcome you back soon below the hallow gaze of Notre-Dame de la Garde basilica.

Leslie Cherfils - General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We went to this hotel for a long weekend. The hotel is elegant ad old on the outside but the inside is ultra modern. We paid quite a bit for a good room but we were really surprised on the upside. Beautiful room, good bathroom and a very nice terrace with a great view of the city. The hotel is excellently located. Better yet the staff are really welcoming and they’re efficient too. Apart from the coffee machine in our room which didn’t work very well we couldn’t fault the place. We will de back

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for staying with us at the InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu.

I am delighted to hear that your experience was an amazing one, and appreciate your compliments for our staff that rendered above and beyond service standards.

Your kind words have been conveyed to them and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon in sunny Marseille, capital of Provence.

Leslie Cherfils - General Manager