US$163
  • Pool
Alex Hotel(Marseille)
US$110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$140
US$129
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Starting with the good things. The breakfast was good. Self service all you can eat with teas, coffees and the usual stuff.
The room was clean and the bathroom had a nice big shower.
To get into the room you had a small (maybe 2^2m) area between the front door and room door. This allows you to keep blood sucking animals out of your bed room.
The rooms are located at differ not blocks with three floors. So if you have problems walking stairs, you should mention this during booking as you may end up in a room that requires walking stairs to get to the reception as well.
On the negative side… well the personal needs a bit of a training on how the equipment works and how to handle customers. We had two rooms in the same block. And couldn’t open one of the rooms. A quick check at the other room showed that a green light shout show up at the lock if the right key card is used, and a red light for the wrong card. The problematic room didn’t showed any light. Mentioning this to the person at the reception just resulted in a new key card (last building means a lot of walking and a lot of stairs). After confirming that the new key card also didn’t worked and the easiest way would be to replace the batteries in the lock, resulted in getting a new room. After solving this issue the next one came when using the WiFi. The network name was showing up in the WiFi list, but the necessary portal page didn’t showed up to enter any credentials. The devices didn’t even got a proper IP address. Again walking back to the reception I was told that the WiFi is available on the whole hotel area and “I know that because that is what it is”. I tried to explain that I can see the network but not access just ended up in a harsh (I assume swearing, I don’t speak Italian) and the question if I could let her try. My short protest that I am seeing the portal while being at the reception and while being at the block close to the reception when unheard and she smiled with a triumph when she successfully logged it. Repeating myself that I did not talked about the location here but at my room and that several devices are affected, she responded I should give it a try again. My suggestion to try it out with me at the block was not even considered.
Long story short, after a while I came back to the reception to get a little dinner where she waited already with a smile of triumph on here face “and it works as I told you! Right?” I just shakes my head and said “nope still doesn’t work, just as I told you.”
So if you look for a room to crush next to the highway (still very quiet) and don’t care about WiFi or customer care… this could be a good place for you to stay.

Room Tip: Mention if you can not walk stairs as this hotel is placed on a hillside and the block have multiple floors without lift.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asset B
Marcel S, Directeur général at Campanile Marseille - Saint Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Client,

We would like to thank you to have taken time to let your opinion concerning your stay in our hotel.

If you do not wish to have a room far from the reception , you can ask for a closer room, even after your check in, there is no problem for us.
Concerning the wifi issues you encountered, we have resolved the problem , it was a wifi spot on your building which was out of order, but fixed now. But we are truly and deeply sorry about this problem, and we hope it will not happen anymore.

We would be very glad to see you back on our hotel for your next stay in Marseille.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The room is very small but just enough.
We came here because a family member was is the nord hospital and it was a great decision. It was very close 15 min by walk and 3 min taxi
The room is sweet and very cheap, it was quite clean
The people at the reception was very nice
For conclusion for 72€ for 2 people it was a great experience :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mor M
Marcel S, Directeur général at Campanile Marseille - Saint Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear customer,

We thank you a lot for the time you took to comment on your stay.

Also, we do appreciate a lot your cheer.

Kindely.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Located in Marseille suburb this facilities doesn't offer you nothing special. Free Wi-Fi and parking is best they can do. At the end of our stay we were forced to pay some extra money of 48 EUR although they lifted money from my account for full price of reservation immediately after I have completed reservation .

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Marcel S, Directeur général at Campanile Marseille - Saint Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Dear customer.

We would like to thank you to have left your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Concerning the money taken from your account directly after your reservation, this is the payment condition : you have taken a prepaid reservation with a discount which is available on internet.

Please could you explain us with more details the 48€ that we asked you at the checkout? Or can you send us by mail your date of stay inside your hotel?
If we made some mistake about the payment we will not hesitate to refund you your money directly on your credit card.

Best regards.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

the location is good if you want to make it a base to see surrounding areas which we did. rooms clean but a little on the small side. we asked for extra towels but were not given any. need to pick up hair drier from front desk

Room Tip: ask for 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Marcel S, Gérant at Campanile Marseille - Saint Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you so much for your answer. We appreciate all informations in the way to satisfied ours guest. We hope to see You for another stay at Marseille St Antoine.
Staying at your disposal.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I just wanted a quiet place to spend my solo week end. I received all that I was expecting. The place is quiet. The rooms are very clean. The restaurant is good with good food. The perfect place for a quiet week end. If you own a car you can go to Marseille for a visit and come later to have a peaceful rest.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Marcel S, Directeur général at Campanile Marseille - Saint Antoine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay in our establishment and we are delighted that you could appreciate. The satisfaction of our customer is our priority and I will certainly share my teams has your satisfaction. Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you on a return passage Marseille.

Best regards