Hotel Maison Montgrand Vieux Port
Alex Hotel(Marseille)
US$126
US$117
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017

A former executive in a major hotel group is doing his own thing,buying up properties in a side street conveniently close to the harbour area. The highlight is the base camp,the ground floor of a building which boasts a wonderfully large garden where guests can eat breakfast in summer. The bedrooms are in two terrace buildings opposite which he's converted into small bedrooms with very comfortable bed and bedding.The owner takes very personal care, his staff are friendly and the whole package comes together really well. Clever concept.

Room Tip: Room 204 is too small
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Gersende G, Directeur général at Hotel Maison Montgrand Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Stewart,

M. Fauchille and myself thank you for your lovely comments ! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our atypical concept !

We look forward to your next visit in Marseille !

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The house has a beautiful view and wonderful decorated and spacious rooms.
The owner is a kind and very helpful person. Five stars! It is situated in a very calm area and you have a good access to the nearby islands.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gersende G, Directeur général at Hotel Maison Montgrand Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Boris,

Thank you very much for your kind words that I had pleasure to share with M. Fauchille our owner. We are happy that you enjoyed the comfort and decoration of your room, as well as our privileged location.

Looking forward to your next visit !

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I went to the hotel with a proper booking (booking number and all) at around 8pm. When I arrived, they told me that they had my booking, no problem on that side - but unfortunately, there was a mistake from their side, and they had no room left. 5 min later, someone else arrived - with a booking - but him, he had a room!!
I had dinner while they were looking for a solution. They found a hotel, with a room in the attic, no window, just enough place for a single bed. By then I was too tired to change again!. I ended up paying 38 euros for some sushis and water, for dinner - no discount.. As a gesture, they offered me to come back for breakfast the next day, free... except that it meant coming back and I was not ready to do that.
The staff was very nice trying to help and finding another room.. except that by then there was only this attic available. So don't go to a hotel that might cancel your room without any warning!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Therugbygirl

Dear Therubygirl,

We sincerely apologize for the reservation mistake that prevented us from welcoming you on that night. Please be assured that this situation is exceptional and does not reflect the service quality that we want to offer to our guests. However I am relieved that my team was able to find an alternative solution. Do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to exchange more in details about your experience.

I hope you will give us a chance to win your trust back !

Reviewed 19 September 2017

What an amazing hotel!! Just perfect at the perfect price - everybody was naturally friendly and very accommodating to converse with us in English. Spotlessly clean and very comfy beds and a choice of air con or having windows open

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nathalie,

Thank you so much for your kind words ! I had pleasure to share your comments with my team ! We look forward to your next visit for another "amazing" stay !

Reviewed 9 September 2017

...it was our last night in Marseille/Cassis and a lovely room after some ropier accomodation in cassis. Very friendly and helpful staff and nice clean and cosy room with warm lighing and an ultra quiet ac unit. Very handy for the old port.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gary_Edin,

Thank you very much for sharing you feedback after your stay at Maison Montgrand. I am glad that you followed recommendations and enjoyed your stay with us !

See you soon back in your new home in Marseille !