US$177
US$174
US$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$135
US$215
InterContinental
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

nhow Marseille(Marseille)
US$219
US$205
  • Pool
Alex Hotel & Spa(Marseille)
US$111
US$98
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2016

The central location makes this budget hotel ideal. Generally clean but could use a bit of modernisation.. But good value for money. No breakfast but plenty of cafes nearby. Ask for a room towards the main street for more light.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The Hotel de la Prefecture is quite easy to find and is roughly a 15-20 minute walk from the train station. The staff at the reception were very helpful and polite and gave me access to the WiFi straight away.

My room was absolutely fine with all the amenities that I would need including my own bathroom. Of course being in the centre of Marseille, there can be quite a bit of noise at night but thankfully it wasn't enough to disturb my sleep. You could hear the plumbing system though when other guests were turning on taps or flushing the toilet.

The biggest plus for me was the location as it is only a 15 minute walk to the Old Port where the heart of Marseille is. Along the route there are many interesting shops and patisseries where you can grab a croissant for breakfast at a very good price.

Overall, the hotel served my needs very well and I'd be happy to go back there the next time I visit Marseille.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Nice hotel located in the city center, 20 minutes walking from either the main train station and from the city center (Old port). It's also close to one Marseille's main streets, so you'll have shops, supermarkets, cafés and restaurants all around. The rooms are not luxurious and have only the minimum needed, but that's what we paid for so I don't think we can complain.

Nice option if you don't want to spend that much and are looking for a good location.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Place was hard to find. The sign was not obvious from the street. Location was good but 5 minutes up the road you'd find yourself in a not so good area. The service was terrible. Guy at reception didn't seem to know what he was doing. My room was facing the street so it was really noisy, even with the window shut (didn't shut properly though). Room was a simply double room, bathroom was ok. I definitely don't recommend this place. One or two nights stay is doable but otherwise, look for something else.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 9 August 2015

A clean, average hotel. It's a bit old fashioned and the elevator is the smallest I've ever been into. The staff is not the most friendly people in the world but overall the hotel is comfortable.
I only had a bad experience with another guest in the hotel. I was staying with a friend (she and I both girls in our twenties) and two rooms away from ours there was a man staying solo. On our first night, we were closing our bedroom door and he came out and wanted to leave with us. We went downstairs together and he had to go back because he had forgotten his phone. We left the hotel quickly and when we were a block away or so, he caught up with us. He wanted to go with us and we said "no". He insisted, though, and then told us "see you back in the hotel". We were really uncomfortable and left. When we were returning to the hotel about two hours later, we saw him looking out the window, waiting for us I guess. We decided to stay a bit in the lobby. When we returned to our room, we tried making no noise whatsoever but the key wouldn't fit in. 5 seconds later the man opened the door and started talking to us again and wanted to give us his number. We said "no" again and quickly got inside. We didn't see him again, luckily, but he sure gave us a bad first impression of the ambiance of the hotel.

It's location is good; the metro is a 3 minutes walk and two stops away from the train station Marseille St Charles. You can easily access to the main commercial streets towards the VIeux Port and if you go the other way, to a nice quartier with lots of bus stops. However, in the evening it can be lonely and a little dangerous to get back from the Port via those streets when every store is closed and the ambiance is not nice.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street are bigger
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends