“Very good restaurant! ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Overall a very good and cozy restaurant! Excellent entre, with chevre. Good service and atmosphere. Would come here again!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Tried on spec. Full. Reserved for next night. Glad we did. Great value menus, we had the €39 one. Wonderful food served with friendliness in a nice ambience. Decent wine list. Orange not overly endowed with good restaurants in the centre so this is a find.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Then go to this restaurant. All was ok and good but no "vow" experience and so wasn't up to expectations.
Small nice place. In the evening go latest 19 if you don't want to miss it. Different set menus, 25 or 31 euros for those who want to have meat. In my entree sauce and cheese were good, the "masterpiece" of the chef had little character or taste. The beef was not done in the best way.
Good selection of Corsica cheese if you take 31 euros menu. Typical desserts. All in all good experience but nothing fancy.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Orange's two main attractions are located right next to each other: The ancient theater and Les Saveurs du Marche.

Since we arrived in the city only after 12:30 we began our short stay with the latter. And we were lucky enough to snatch the very last free table; numerous, less fortunate aspirants got turned away later. We were even luckier because it was a table that was still in the shade also two and a half hours later; it always puzzles me that anyone can survive even half a bottle of wine in the Provence's midday sun.

Feeling frivolous and with plenty of time at our disposal, we opted for the 4-course menu à 31 Euros (see the photo for details). God, what a feast... Everything was fresh, cooked perfectly to the point, arranged beautifully. The living proof that even at tourist hot spots a restaurant can offer value for money. And that this place is run and served bye a very pleasant couple made our stay even more enjoyable.

After all this exuberance I feel entitled to some criticism. First of all, the main dish both of us had (the other one, filet de boeuf, was out even though it was rather early in the day), the four giant gambas which were cooked and served unpared and uncleaned, causing a number of problems:

1. They are a mess to eat, and I personally hate to touch glass and cutlery with greasy fingers (they came with salad and a small bowl of vegetables), notwithstanding the fact that they were a delicious mess to eat, which leads to #2:

2. Too much good juice gets thrown away with the shells. When we make prawn in the shells at home I lick them clean before I peel them, but I rather not do so in public.

3. The intestines. Even if they don't taste bitter (some did), they look disgusting. You don't even have to remove the shells to take them out! Lordy, that almost cost you a point.

And then there is the one single toilet that serves all. I had to wait for over five minutes before I could wash my hands after the gambas.

That were the small downsides. Otherwise we left extremely satisfied and still able to climb up and down the adjacent theater (the fact that we had skipped the wine also helped a lot).

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Despite being so close to the main tourist attraction which is usually a no no for me, we walked in without booking and had a delicious meal. We tried the Corsican cheese and the strong one was just amazing in intensity and depth of flavour.
The service was excellent too. Man and wife and possibly the son(?) in the kitchen but courtesy and speed were impeccable.
When we left we were very glad we got there early as every table was full: I can see why.

1  Thank Amit K