All reviewsthe busmain roadroom was cleanfamily roomgreat view of the baybudget hoteldouble bedenjoyed our staythe hotel stafffrench rivierafriendly hotellovely townswimming poolmin walkstayed here for nightsdanielleviews
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice Hotel with a where you can se Villafrance and the seaside.
The owners where lovely people who made sure that We had a good time!
Nice room and it was good to be aible to take a morning bath in the skimmingpool

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Stayed here 3 nights at the end of March in a room with a lovely sea view. Clean comfortable room but slightly marred by the installation of an adjacent disabled lift. Good breakfasts and pleasant dining room. The wi-fi was pretty hopeless as it often is in hotels so used 3G instead (at a cost). About a ten minute walk from the centre of Villefranche-sur-Mer and 5 minutes from local bus stop. The climb from the harbour up to the hotel is fairly demanding.

Room Tip: Room with sea view is worth extra
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alasdair R
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have just completed a three night stay and in spite of other readers glowing reviews my experience was far from good. The location of the La Flore is superb. Looking out on the Villefranche bay, Room 14 was good. I noticed ash in the ashtray that lay on the table on the balcony. The room looked clean but there was something not quite right about the two single beds held together. My side of the mattress was overspilling. I complained and the very attentive short lady said she would sort it. We went out and came back to a cleaned room with a double mattress set on the same two single beds!!!! This time the overhang was alarming, but by this time two nights had elapsed. My worst experience at the hotel was with the non existent Wifi but also the extremely insulting way that the front office lady named Michelle hit back at me with a rude and insulting personal remark. From the day of check in to the day of check out there was zero Wifi. I booked through Hotels.com and asked them to escalate my complaint to the owners of the 'La Flore'. This lady commented in a loud, combative voice: "we were fully booked for over two weeks, and you are the one guest who has complained of lack of Wifi!!!!" In other words she was calling me a liar. She mad me run upstairs to room 14 and get my Macbook Pro so that I could prove to her that there was no internet. I have 3 browsers on my Macbook, Apple's Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox. Each one in turn confirmed there was not internet. She kept fighting me at each step saying she could see the the Wifi bars, and I told her that many times the bars show up but they are indicative of internet content in the feed. She just would not have it. She offered me to use the Front Office PC but I declined as my machine is customised for my own personal use and I do not use third party devices. This ugly scenario continued for 20 minutes but there was no apology from her no remorse, not even an offer to inform the hotel's IT personnel of my concerns. I have experienced some shoddy customer service in french hotels over the past 40 years but this has to rank amongst the very worst experiences. I would love to hear what the hotel's owners have to say about this.

Room Tip: A sea view room is probably best
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nimapolice7
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I loved staying here... really friendly and welcoming owner. Although basic decor it had a warm and cosy feeling about it. The rooms were simply decorated, very clean and the view from my balcony was stunning! Good internet. The breakfast room was run by a lovely lady who had worked there for a long time. She made sure that we knew where everything was and was looked after. Great choice for breakfast btw and sat outside on the terrace which was glorious. The only reason I didn't book to go back was I felt it was a little on the expensive side for my budget. If they included the breakfast then I would be back. I'd definitely recommend though!

Room Tip: You must go sea view here!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my husband, had visited villifranche before for the day but didn't know of hotels etc.
Booked this on the internet and hoped for the best, it was great. We had a room with small garden like area with private jacuzzi overlooking the bay, it was just great.
Room nothing fancy but very clean and comfortable with small kitchen, fridge, microwave etc.
Breakfast was very nice continental buffet with great machine for doing perfect soft boiled eggs!
The lady in charge of breakfast was a lovely character who sang as she worked!
Only 10 min walk down to sea front in this charming village, great restaurants and lovely beach area, would return anytime

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple