“what a view”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“what a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

great place, great staff, great restaurant. if possible ask for suite #35. worth the journey

Room Tip: a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Philippe P, Managing Director at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Guest:
It was such a pleasure to read your comments on TripAdvisor after your stay at Le Château Saint-Martin & Spa and to know that you enjoyed the hotel and the service delivered by my team!
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your impression on this website.
We look forward to welcoming you for a next stay in our establishment.
Kindest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We spent five nights during September 2011. Nothing in this property is less than Superb - location, rooms, pool, gardens, food, and more. Above all, I would note the excellenet food served and the top notch service by the staff of the hotel. This is one of the greatest and prettiest hotel and property I have visited in Europe. (You can see in the photographs I have uploaded). I look forward to stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest:
Please let me express my gratitude for having taken the time to leave a comment on this website after your stay at Le Château Saint Martin & Spa.
Indeed, our permanent goal is to offer quality to our clients and to anticipate their needs as much as we can. Your satisfaction thus makes our efforts even more worthwhile.
Thank you also for your beautiful pictures!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the hotel.
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel has some great history based on the Templar Knights and the fact that it is a building carved out of a mountain is really intriguing. The room is spacious and bright and has fantastic views of the valley. The spa is first rate using La Prairie products and these products are also found within one's own room.

Now the fine dining here is spectacular, some of the best ever with Yanneck as the Michelin starred chef. His food was so creative and even tastier than could be believed. He was kind enough to take a photo with us after our meal. This is a great hotel and my only critique is that they didn't speak enough French. They bent over backwards to make every American feel as if they were in America (which I don't like). I like to improve my French and I like to hear it as well; it is a beautiful language and it reminds me I am in France. I know my husband and I are unusual in this way. But that would be an improvement to me if they'd just be who they are. They are lovely people. emulate

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank finefoodlover4ever
Philippe P, Managing Director at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Guest:
Please let me express my gratitude for taking the time to leave a comment on this website after your stay at le Château Saint Martin & Spa.
Thank you also for your comment on Yannick Franques and our 2* restaurant Le Saint Martin.
With renewed thanks and appreciation, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel when we will endeavour to contribute in making your stay even more satisfactory.
Southend-on-Sea, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2011. The hotel is fairly isolated about 5 minutes by car from the centre of Vence which is itself a very nice traditional (and not too spoilt) walled village with a large selction of small local restaurants.

The hotel itself is an excellent peaceful retreat with absolute quiet round the pool and common areas and there were no children when we were there.

The quality of the rooms and common areas is first rate with nothing looking shabby or tired so far as we could see.

The gym is small but adequate with good quality equipment and the infinity pool and surrounding area is first class with lots of room to spread out away from everyone else and with a very nice lawned area and "orchard" where you can sit if you prefer. The gardens nearer to the hotel are very well manicured and pretty and the view all around the hotel is really lovely and picturesque.

We had a very nice meal in the "casual" rotisserie restaurant one evening outside on the terrace and another lovely lunch in the "oliveraie" restaurant in the gardens overlooking the pool. Unfortunately a second dinner in the rotisserie was not so great but maybe that was just an unfortunate "blip". Breakfast was perfectly ok though perhaps not the biggest selection ever.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this delightful and peaceful hotel and with great weather it was an excellent trip - expensive but worth it. I am not sure what you would do here if the weather is bad and I probably wouldn't want to stay much longer than 5 days unless I really was going there to completely chill out and do nothing else.

In summary I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for adults who are not going to worry about the expense and my wife and I will almost certainly return one day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EssexBoy
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor after your stay at le Chateau Saint Martin & Spa.
Indeed, all the remarks of our customers are considered to progress in our research for perfection as for the quality of service that we offer at the hotel.
We are delighted that you spent a pleasant stay with us, and I shall not miss to share with my teams your remarks so encouraging!
But I am so sorry to read that your second diner at La Rôtisserie was not so great. Please be sure that I will speak to my F&B manager.
We look forward to welcoming you for a next stay in our establishment.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

What a wonderful hotel! We had an amazing room (11) although i think all rooms have an an amazing view.... Our room was large with a terrace looking out beyond the hills to Antibes. Great bathroom with la prairie products. The service was great. Not a typical 'child friendly' hotel however, our 6 yr old was so well looked after! He was made welcome by all the staff and other guests too which helped us relax and enjoy. Wonderful food and service in the 2 star michelin restaurant.... and great lunch at the olive grove.... No need to leave the hotel. Great value for South of France, expensive but not in comparison to other hotels in St Tropez or Cap Ferrat! We will most certainly be returning next year!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest:
Please let me express my gratitude for taking the time to leave a message on this website after your stay at le Château Saint Martin & Spa.
I was extremely glad to read that the service our staff provided met with your expectations, and that you enjoyed your experience in our gastronomic restaurant le Saint Martin.
For your information, we are planning in a next future to build a "child area" where all our young customers will be welcomed.
With renewed thanks, we look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vence
2.0 km away
3.7 km away
Le Hameau
Le Hameau
#1 of 12 in St-Paul-de-Vence

Been to Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa? Share your experiences!