All reviewssaint paulsmall hotelde charmepool areaup hillboutique style hotellovely surroundingsspeaks perfect englishpleasant stayprivate balconysummer monthsminute walkcroissantsstayed for nightsbaguettesuitevillage
Reviewed 18 May 2018

This small hotel (classified as a "hotel de charme") is located very close to Saint Paul de Vence and is a delightful pace to stay whether you are planning on staying locally or driving in the region. The rooms are quiet and most of them have terraces; the room we stayed in (#9) had a larger balcony. The breakfast was typical of the region and enjoyable. The hotel staff went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed and Shelley was especially helpful to us during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We liked what we saw on TripAdvisor and booked for 10 nights in April. Our welcome by Shelley was very warm, friendly and helpful, and her staff were the same.
Our bedroom was large, airy, with a balcony (the largest - Room 9) overlooking the pool and the bedroom and bathroom were most comfortable. We could not use the pool as it was both too cold, and it was being maintained, (not that we had bought any swimwear) but it looked first rate for the summer months.
There is a lot to like about Les Vergers but there is an area for improvement too.
The breakfast, at first very pleasant, yoghurt, cheese, baguette, jam, croissants becomes quite tiresome when you discover it is the same every day. I am sure if there was some change, some fruit salad, different cheeses, ham, it would make a positive difference.
Overall it was an excellent base for discovering Provence, lovely walk in to the village each night (although out of season there are few places to eat there), and Shelley is a first rate attentive host.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a sofa.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I showed up here for some rest after an intense business trip. I was a mess! Forgot my phone charger, hadn't looked up any attractions in the area, slept past noon, etc. Even locked my keys in the rental car :-/

But the staff took great care of me and went far out of their way to personally ensure I had a great time. Really went above and beyond; the kind of stuff that money can't buy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Globe J
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The hotel is lovely. We visited as a couple last summer and loved it. The rooms are a little small, but we had a delightful view over the pool and it has a charming air about it. There are a lot of foreign tourists and we were a little surprised about the American owner, but she is very personable and friendly. We have nothing against Americans, but I suppose we were expecting it to be a little more French. St. Paul de Vence is very touristy, so I'm not sure we would come again, but if you want somewhere delightful to stay, then this is perfect. The breakfast was very 'homely' and suitably French :-). The owner also had great dinner and activity recommendations which I can't fault at all. All together a very pleasant stay. The only thing which was awkward was the parking - the space is minimal and people park badly so you may be forced to park away from the hotel which is annoying. Also, if you have any joint problems, then you will have to do quite a few stairs which isn't ideal if you have heavy luggage. Maybe best to ask for a room on the ground or first floor.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how all the rooms are set out, but ours had a lovely pool view with a delightful balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Situated just outside the Wally of Historic villige St. Paul de Vence this is teh place to relax for a fem days before going on, Excelent place to charge your batteries and hopefulle get a tan if the weather aloes, which i t does most of the time! Best Regards!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple