“deceptive but in a very good way”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beach in Nice
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sanjit64
“deceptive but in a very good way”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018

let me tell you about Berta's place ...... I traveled by train from London and arrived at the Gare Ville at 9pm just as it stopped raining like stepping into a steam bath without a clue of where I was and let me tell you all the people in Nice help it's just the way it is. Within 4 minutes we were at the residence and getting the keys and stepping down the stairs to the basement apartment (forget lights they come on automatically). Key in the lock open the door and .... Ah..... small. Ok shock out of the way let me tell you it may be compact but boy have you ever felt you were home? Well let me tell you that it did once you figure out the air con and the lights then when you get back from exploring the whole of Nice, Antibe, Juan Les Pin and Menton, trust me you will feel so good that you got back and chilled out and cooked a meal in this place, watched a bit of french TV before promenading from Hotel Negresco (5 mins from here) to the square and the old town (20 mins there after). I didn't meet Berta this time around but hey definitely the next time ....... thats yes I'm booking again.
I hope this has been informative

3 Oct 2018
Thank you, Sanjit for a great and correct review. We had such great communication it feels like a met you in person. I really hope we will meet one day, you know you both are always welcome again, you are one of my TOP guests I can highly recommend to other hosts. My housekeeper said it was like no one had been in the flat when she came to clean.. thank you, thank's from my housekeeper too. We found the right people to fix the air-conditioning unit which was not working very well when you stayed. It's now in perfect form. Like always I say it's wonderful when you find the right people to work with .. merci beaucoup
Isibor210
San Antonio, Texas
“Not Comfortable”
Reviewed 24 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The location is close to the main train station so it’s convenient for train travel. As you descend to the basement, there’s an unpleasant musky smell which fortunately you can’t smell in the apartment. One of the reasons we rent an apartment rather than get a hotel room, is the opportunity to interact with the locals. We didn’t see any other inhabitants of the building the entire 6 days we were there. So that was a little creepy and disappointing.

On the 1st day, the copper duct running along the ceiling above the bed started to sweat and wet the foot of the bed. We wiped off the sweat with a towel a couple of times until we fell asleep.

After the 1st day the A/C effectively stopped cooling. When I informed Berta, she got defensive and suggested I didn’t know how to operate it. She eventually agreed to send someone to fix it, but no-one did. We rented her basement apartment for a week, but left a day sooner because the entire experience was no longer acceptable.

31 Aug 2018
I am very sad that you feel like this and don't have anything positive to say. At least you were happy with the location. People have mostly happy in our cute, low budget little flat in the center.
I am sorry you did not meet the other people in the building but I have never had people complain about that. We can not guarantee a company for our guests. I told you the reason I had to be away because of sickness in the family. Sadly the air-condition stopped working while you were there. I am really sorry, we did our best to get someone straight away to look at it, but everything is difficult in France in August. I was not being defensive, it's normal to start to ask people if they know how to work a unit like this. Many people have never seen a air-condition unit before. As the humidity was high and the air-condition unit was not working it's normal that the pipes were sweating. We offer a big fan in the bedroom and the air-condition was working all the time for dehumidifying the air. I can only apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if we can make it up to you in any way. Regards Berta
pug2018
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Micro/basement Flat in Rue Berlioz.”
Reviewed 3 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Flat was as described in the details. The owner has utilised all the available space to equip the Flat. Very convenient for Nice Ville Railway Station & the Bus to/from the Airport.

3 Oct 2018
Thank you for a kind and correct review, thank you for leaving everything in good order.
Always welcome again.
James D
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We would like to thank Bertha for our stay at Rue Berlioz. Just around the corner from the main train station it was a great base for sightseeing. The apartment is small but it's spotless and has everything you need. Bertha also recommended a few places locally to eat which we found to be really nice and great value. There is also a lovely boulangerie nearby which we used daily. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the Promenade des Anglais and only 5-10 to Rue Medicin the main shopping area. Highlight for us was Shapko bar in Nice Old Town for the absolutely fantastic live music. Not to be missed.

3 Oct 2018
Hi James, thank you for your wonderful review. It was just a pleasure meeting you and hosting you both. thank you for leaving everything impeccable. always welcome again to create more wonderful memories.
Jackiefro...
Frome, United Kingdom
“perfect pad for 2 people in great position”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This cute basement pad was a perfect place for my husband and I. It was close to the main train station - great for our arrival on Bus 99 from the airport and daily trips to Italy, Monaco and Cannes, and the walk straight down to the famous Hotel Negresco on the beach front was a pleasant 15 minute stroll. The apartment was our base for a week and Berta had organised everything we could have needed. The separate double bed was excellent and the cute kitchen had all we required. Don't be put off by the toilet/shower 'wet room' arrangement! The shower was very good and we had no problem adapting to the occasional wet toilet seat! Having no window only meant we couldn't see the weather! Bert had sent us great directions and met us on arrival. She welcomed us and was a perfect host. We would definitely book again *****

24 Aug 2017
Thank you sincerely for your review. It was just a pleasure to host you both. More like meeting friends
I hope l see you again. Always welccome
Regards Be
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing