“Good Food Long service !!!”
Review of Le Socrate

Le Socrate
Reserve with
Le Socrate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #303 of 2,150 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went there to have dinner with my wife as we were in the center of city and it was raining. The food was OK nothing special but i was seriously disappointed by the long waiting time. The prices were on the higher side based upon the portion sizes.
Ok place to have a meal if you are in a hurry or have no other place to go but nothing special.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Had a supper at the restaurant on the last night of a congress I was attending, accompanied by several other attendees from the event. We were a group of five and were in the end given an additional table to fit us all in nicely during a rather busy Saturday evening.

The waiter attending us did not speak very good English, mixing up French and English as he went on. Surprisingly enough, it did not matter that much, as he made himself understood for the whole group, even though it was not fluent. One in our group spoke French which made it a tad easier.

I myself enjoyed a plate of mixed skewers, which came with hummus, some garlic sauce and flatbread. The taste of everything on the plate was awesome, very well spiced, full of flavours. The price was not cheap, as nearly nothing in Nice is, but I found the value of the food very good.

We had our supper outside on the terrace, which was warmed up with radiating lamps. The feeling was warm and cosy, but for some reason also a bit shabby. This is mostly because of the plastic tent coverring the terrace, which was not in the top form (but also very similar to other marquee-tents in the city). There were also at least two belly dance shows inside the restaurant during our visit, which seemed to make the crowd quite happy, nicely cheering up the atmosphere.

Just because of the food, I would go again.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Another visit to this long-established and much loved Lebanese restaurant/ caterer in Nice on a quiet night. But how much longer will it stay open?

The food, as always, beautifully cooked and presented, despite little evidence of busyness in the kitchen. We had a selection of delicious mezzes, and found 6 portions more than ample for two. Served promptly.

However, we found the service casual to the point of amateurish. As if the real waiters and management had gone off on holiday, leaving the keys to random guys off the street. On a freezing night, doors were left wide open while “waiters” in ordinary street clothes went out for a chat... Looking around, the decor is definitely looking shabby, and the report from the bathroom left me unwilling to try for myself. Hope future visitors can reassure us that this night was just a blip.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I just left this restaurant tonight, my first meal on arriving in Nice. I booked via The Fork as it was very close to my hotel.

I was seated on a table for two between the kitchen door and the bathroom so the back of my chair was knocked everytime the waiters came out with food.

I wasn't immensely hungry so I ordered two mezze and a glass of wine. I ordered grilled chicken wings and stuffed vine leaves; harmless enough and Lebanese food is something I eat well and regularly in my home town. What I received tonight was disappointing. The wings were lukewarm clearly indicating that they were not fresh and they weren't but worse the wings were fried and had an old chewy texture like they were cooked and rewarmed. I absolutely hate fried chicken. I rarely eat fried food either. Not good. The stuffed vine leaves were ice cold and saturated in lemon juice and stuffed with some kind of vegetable not rice. The acid of the lemon juice was so sharp that by the second one, I gave up and left them. The waiter never bothered to ask me why.

€18.50 for a very dull meal. As I already felt out of pocket, I just couldn't give them my €1.50 change, so I didn't. I wouldn't return .

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stumbled on this restaurant by chance during our visit to Nice. The food was unbelievable and the service was faultless. Would definitely go there again!