“Same bad service as in the past”

Campanile Nice - Aeroport
Ranked #101 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 23 March 2016

I stayed here before years ago and had a bad experience but I thought that things may have changed so I booked there again. I was wrong. I am a 68 year old woman with a very bad knee. They advertise that they have a shuttle to the airport until 11:00 pm. I even had my booking company, during my 20 hour traveling day, check with the hotel and they assured her that they run until 11:00 pm. When I got to Nice at 10:20 pm and called them they told me they had no shuttle and that it is only a short walk.after traveling for 20+ hours and a painful knee I was in no condition to walk there. Even though the hotel is a short distance it turned into a 15 euro taxi ride.
I then asked them for a wake up call in the morning because I had to be at the condo that I had rented at an early time . I never did get a wake up call so I was late for my appointment.
I will never stay here again and I would advise people to stay at the Novatel next door even if it is twice the price. I had pre-paid my night so I didn't have that option.
I really don't expect a lot and they should have done as promised.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Their customer service is non-existant. I had to give them a one because it won...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This property is in walking distance from the airport, but the route is confusing with overpasses and tunnels, as is finding the proper bus stop for a trip downtown. The hotel parking is expensive. The room and bath were small, but well maintained, and wifi was strong. Otherwise, there is little to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geri P
celineV06, Directeur général at Campanile Nice - Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel.

The opinion of our guests is a daily source of motivation.

Whope to see you soon at the Campanile Nice Airport

Best regards

Céline

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Spent one night here for work reasons. The welcome was pleasant enough. The room ok but the level of cleanliness not overly high, the bedside tables NOT cleaned and some hairs in the bathtub. Avoid the restaurant for dinner unless you enjoy cafeteria style food and atmosphere. Not bad for a cheapish hotel close to the International airport. No noise for the most part.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank darkwytche
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We stayed here for one night, because we had an early flight in the morning. It is close to the airport which is really good. But to hotel itself isn't that impressive. The rooms are pretty small and the staff wasn't service minded. But for one night it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marica N
Reviewed 29 November 2015

There is nothing extraordinary about this hotel nor anything bad about it.

Everything works: AC, WIFI, plugins for devices, and TV.

If you want proximity to the airport, you have it. If not, you are somewhat out of the way for what Nice has to offer. Rooms were good.

If you are worried about airplane noise at night, don't be because airplanes do not fly to or from the airport at night (at least that was what I was told and what my experience was.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank NikoliGogol
celineV06, Propriétaire at Campanile Nice - Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Dear guest
first of all, thank you for having chosen Campanile Airport.
We are happy you enjoyed your journey and we will be very glad to welcome you again.
Best regards
Céline

Travellers also viewed these Nice hotels
Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport
Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport
Ibis Styles Nice Airport Arenas
Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport
Hotel ibis Nice Aeroport Promenade

Been to Campanile Nice - Aeroport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Campanile Nice - Aeroport

Address: 459 Promenade des Anglais, 06200 Nice, France
Region: France > Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur > French Riviera - Cote d'Azur > Nice > Arenas / Airport
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #101 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Price Range: €52 - €102 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Campanile Nice - Aeroport 3*
Hotel on the promenade des Anglais. All refurnish in march 2013.Air conditioning in all the room with individual panel controle.Free shuttel airport form 5.00am to 12pm.Free shuttel airport at 150m to the hotel from 4.30am to 1.30am.Restaurant open at 6am to 10am for full buffet breakfast.From 12 to 2 pm for lunch.From 7pm to 10pm for diner.Lounge bar open from 6.30am to midnight. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Campanile Nice - Aeroport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Campanile Nice Aeroport Hotel Nice