“Beautiful rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 44 Nice B&B and Inns
Wirral
“Beautiful rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We booked here last minute and could not be happier with the stay - a bit out of the way to the centre but very close to the main line that runs to the beach and trams are every 5 mins from what i can tell. The location is also a bit noisey but we were tired from travelling so it did not effect us. Breakfast was simple but ample. Host was very courteious and seemed disappointed we weren't staying longer. Facilities were not used as we just slept here so cannot comment. The room was pretty and as said in previous reviews. Out of the way but lovely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

If you are after a warm welcome and wish to feel at home - in a self catering way, then this will certainly offer you with a unique and relaxing experience. Intimate and homely with free access to garden, kitchen, living room - including an array of facilities inc. internet, dvd, washing machine etc. Come and go as you please and meet interesting people around the breakfast table each morning as you attempt to work your way through the impressive collection of Bonne Maman jams.

You are certainly made to feel like part of the family who are all very accommodating, with entertainment from the charming children and loyal pets.

Fantastic location, in an area just far enough away from the centre to offer you some distance from the tourist hub with its own community of shops, bars etc. in neighbouring Bouriglionne. The tram stop is literally seconds from the front door offering regular and quick access to the centre.

Beautiful property with lots of character, still undergoing the last few touches of loving renovation by the owner - with further rooms to become available soon!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Fatcharlie2
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

A real surprise, better than a hostel, but more importantly just as cheap and offers more privacy. the owner lives upstairs so one has the full use on one level to everything you need such as kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities. He provided a great breakfast with a variety of cereals, bread, juices, teas etc. so close to tram stop which is a short 2 minutes ride to the centre. would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

I booked a room for three nights at Villa Aramis in July 2010. It was the first time I was travelling on my own, and wanted to treat myself to a single room, rather than having to share a room with strangers in a hostel and deal with snoring, sleeping with my passport down my shirt, etc.

When I arrived at Villa Aramis, I found a note on the front door from the owner, with instructions to call him if I didn't have the code to the front door. I did have the code from making my booking, so I used it and gained entry to the house.

As I walked into the construction site, I ran into another guest at the house, who informed me that the owner was going to be away for a few days, and just to look around the house until I found my name taped to a door. I did just that, and found that my room was located in the basement (borderline cellar) of the house. It was musty, dusty and downright creepy. The lock on my door did not work, which resulted in me having to carry my passport and everything with me at all times.

There was a note on my door from the owner telling me that he had double booked my room for the last night of my stay and that I could either a) sleep outside on the veranda; or b) find somewhere else to stay. In Nice. In July. Ends up I did find somewhere else, but with great difficulty. It was a completely unnecessary hassle and put a damper on my trip. The owner had both my email address and phone number. Surely he knew ahead of my arrival that he had made a mistake and could have let me know sooner rather than later.

Part of the ceiling of my room was missing, and went directly to the ground floor. The only time I have ever seen this before was at a house that used to be a funeral parlour -- and this was how they would move the coffins from the basement to the ground floor.

Not having anyone around to ask questions to, or even give you tips of places to eat, was not ideal.

In addition, the note on the front door instructing guests who did not have the code to the house to ring the owner to get it, remained on the door at all times. This is incredibly unsafe, as anyone off the street could ring him asking for the code and gain entry to the house.

One of the reasons I booked this guesthouse was because of the fantastic reviews it had received on various websites. I'm guessing those were left by people who had rooms upstairs and didn't have their bookings cancelled.

I would not, under any circumstance, recommend this guesthouse to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank anicecuppatea

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels