All reviews marriott standards pool view junior suite special thanks excellent hotel breakfast buffet business trip minute walk hotel restaurant nice balcony hotel guests french riviera juan les train station south of france cote d'azur marat
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the beach. My room was okay, the bathroom quite small, but everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The service was ok.
The wi-fi was NOT working, I was told they had this problem for 2 days! The only spot were you could enjoy a wi-fi connection was at the bar in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emanuelec465
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

@emanuele c, thanks for sharing your experience with us. The internet issues were fixed on Monday at 9:00am, and it was indeed very complicated for us all, a lot of our guests unfortunately suffered from this trouble.

The connection we have set was in my opinion a decent plan B, although the lobby is not what one would expect.

We hope to better serve you for your next stay with us, and make things right.
Best regards
Philippe Benneian

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I expected to find a category 7 Marriott quality hotel but was very disappointed. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is great. But the hotel has a lot to learn. The staff are very nice but very Unhelpful. we stayed a week and they were never able to answer a single question for us. Housekeeping was poor - every day I had to call for something they missed. The first room had a broken air conditioner so we had to switch rooms. The second one had a busted up blow dryer. Then there was the WIFI - it was down for three full days and they never offered to provide any kind of compensation. I could go on and on. The location is good although Juan le Pins has seen better days.

1  Thank Susan H
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Good evening @Susan H, thanks for sharing your experience on our TripAdvisor page.
We have met with our General Manager today, my colleagues Directors of Housekeeping and Food and Beverage were both present.

We intend to take advantage of your comments and move forward, training and information need to be shared appropriately, it is my responsibilty as for reception, and my teammates will do their best like I will to make sure we all are knowledgeable.
I appreciate you noticing we all were nice towards our guests, nonetheless the next step to reach the quick and appropriate service needs to be taken swiftly.

I would be glad to make things right and make sure the compensation one would expect after an internet breakdown is applied, you can contact me at the following electronic address :
philippe.benneian@marriott.com

Thanks again for your time, I hope to speak to you soon
Sincere regards
Philippe

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I have stayed in this hotel many times and it is great for a stay in Juan Les Pins due to its proximity to the beach, local restaurants and shops. For a family it is great as the AC has an indoor and outdoor pool. The food is excellent including room service. I would like to however highlight a truly wonderful member of the team. A lady called Marie who works on the front desk. Marie made our stay memorable and special to celebrate our anniversary. She was professional and full of knowledge about the local area. I wish all Marriott hotels had a Marie...

Room tip: I love the pool view
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Justin F
Reviewed 5 June 2017

If you have lots of kids then this hotel is fine. If you are a couple, then no as it is far from a romantic hotel. Juan les Pins is such a wonderful location on the Cote d'Azur but for the price AC Ambassadeur charges there are so many lovely alternatives for a couple to stay in the area. So, if you are a big family and want the pool and recreation facilities and restaurants and don't really mind about indifferent service, this hotel is for you. (FYI, My wife and I did have a junior suite on the top (6th) floor which was fine)

1  Thank LondonEconomist
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

@LondonEconomist, thanks for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us. We have unfortunately fallen short of our goal, it seems you have not enjoyed visiting our hotel last week.

During your stay there were a lot of families indeed, with the long weekend and holiday, and I agree it was not the time for a romantic escape.

Nonetheless you have liked the Junior Suite, and we would be delighted to welcome you again when the summer season just starts or ends, it is lot quieter for sure.

My colleagues join me in thanking you again for visiting us,
Sincere regards from us all
Philippe Benneian

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We booked this property for a 4 night stay at the end of May. I was a bit concerned that it was going to be quite corporate based on other reader reviews but that turned out to be unfounded.

The hotel is located on a quiet street next to a shopping centre with conference centre (TIP: all bedrooms have a fridge to put your own purchases in, so be sure to get some great wine and cheese in the local Casino Supermarket, just steps away!) It's about a 5 minute walk to the beach or the main drag of boutiques, bars and restaurants.

Staff at the property were incredibly friendly and helpful - from assisting with queries about wifi, ordering taxis and quickly rectifying mistakes on the bill, I was really impressed.

The communal areas of the property do have that slightly bland international feel, but it's spotlessly clean and very tastefully decorated - They have a table in the lobby during the day with tea and coffee making facilities which is a nice touch.

Our room wasn't enormous, but was really well appointed - king size bed, huge shower and a lovely balcony with tables and chairs.

I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel during our stay - to my mind, if you're going to spend €20EUR on brekkie, you might as well go somewhere a bit more characterful and French, but it did look like there was an amazing array of food.

The Hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools - both were beautiful, clean and modern.

The nearby beach club was a fantastic addition to our stay and highly recommended.

All in all, I'd certainly recommend this property. There are certainly more authentic and characterful hotels in Juan-les-Pins, but for convenience, facilities and friendliness of the staff, this was a pretty great choice!

Date of stay: May 2017