“Beautiful campsite and fantastic area”

Camping La Baume - Residence La Palmeraie
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful campsite and fantastic area”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We stayed in caravans and we had everything we expected from La Baume - it was a big and basic campsite in a wonderful location. It's true that it could use a lick of paint here and there but on the whole we had a great holiday. The Pools were fantastic and the resturant was really good with good food and value for money. We would definitely recommend staying at La Baume.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2011

During a period of twenty years we have experienced many happy camping holidays and have visited a variety of sites in France, Italy and Spain. We read some earlier, negative, reviews about La Baume but decided to try it for an overnight stay because the location was convenient. As it was near the end of season we anticipated low stocks in the shop and closure of some facilites. We will not return to La Baume. In our opinion the site had potential but was really shabby and unkempt. Our famliy went for a quick dip in a swimming pool but decided to get out because it looked grubby and uninviting. When we visited the bar the staff barely gave us a look let alone a welcome. There are positive points, the campsite is well planted in some areas and our placement was a reasonable size. La Baume could look much more attractive with some investment and regular maintenance: remove weeds, repair and paint walls, improve upkeep of all swimming pools.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TPFOUR

Travellers are raving about these Frejus hotels

St Leonards, East Sussex
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed at this site for four nights with my partner and ten year old son, this was booked last minute via key camps and we spent the previous five nights at the near by camp green, this site is far superior in every way.

Several swimming pools and flumes which kept my son entertained for hours, however I have never experienced such cold water in my life. The swimming pool surround could do with a much needed makeover. The steam room was very good, large and clean.

Good range of sports facilities which were all well maintained and it made a nice change for them all to be free of charge !! Nice bar with terrace ideal for relaxing in the evenings, bar prices no more expensive that everywhere else.

The restaurant on site is over priced but other items/snacks are far cheaper than at camp green, my adviCe is go to leader price or carrefour and save a fortune.

Now to the bad bit, we were unfortunate for our mobile home to be burgled on the second day. The mobile home was left secured and there were no signs of forced entry so clearly these scum bags have keys. Most of a valuables were stolen which ruined our holiday, spent several hours down the local police station trying to report the incident, not good.

We were since advised by staff that there are limited number of lock combinations on mobile homes so keys will fit other caravans on the site. There is also master keys in circulation. DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN YOUR MOBILE HOME !! Also informed that the Romanian Gypsies camp just off the site and come on to commit crime, this site as a severe lack of security and no doubt makes it an easy target for the criminal fraternity. Heard of numerous other thefts around the site.

Dont expect this to be a cheap holiday with the current exchange rate, upgrade and go to a nice all inclusive hotel and you will probably save money without slumming it.

warning
************DONT LEAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE IN YOUR MOBILE HOME ************

Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We have just returned from 10 nights at La Baume with Keycamp. As others have stated, due to posted negative comments, I was not looking forward to our stay - also it is the first time that we have been on this type of holiday, preferring a Hotel stay for our main holiday.
I chose to book with Keycamp as the operator when I rang to enquire was very helpful and knowledgeable and reassured me that we would love the campsite and accommodation. I couldn't get the level of accommodation I wanted as all were booked, however the operator advised that a 2 bed Vista would suit our needs - and she wasn't wrong. We paid extra for decking and air con but it was well worth it, especially as very hot when we were there. The mobile home was excellent, and did not resemble a caravan at all, and with the ability to open both sets of double doors at the front, the living space was extended onto the patio were we spent all of our time. I asked not to be positioned near to the motorway or entertainment areas and we weren't - we had an excellent spot. To start with we couldn't hear the motorway at all but when the wind direction chaged we could, but it did not detract from our holiday.
We ate at the restaurant once, and the food was good, and had pizzas 3 times!! As I don't usually like them - that is recommendation enough!!
Our son joined the Base club and enjoyed his time there - not usually one to mix.
We had a few minor issues with our accomodation however these were quickly rectified - all the Keycamp staff were very friendly and efficient.
We visited Cannes, St Tropez and Monaco as well as going in land into the mountains. Gassin and Gourdon are both lovely villages, as is the Medieval Village at Tourettes.
As mentioned by others some updating is required around the site but this does not detract from the overall enjoyment of the holiday.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday and site - our only grumble would be how expensive it is in the South of France - from the actual holiday price itself to eating out whilst there.

2 Thank Carlisles
Midlands
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I am also giving the thumbs up to the park. I think the mixed reviews relect the fact that the park is probably more suited to families with teenagers than familes with young ones. I confess I was pretty overwhelmed by the size of the place, never having stayed at a large site before although we have been holidaying with keycamp for 10 years. I can imagine if I had to walk about with little ones all day, taking them to kids club, pool, play area etc I'd have been exhausted and a bit worried as the roads around the park were pretty congested at times. It took 10 minutes of fast walking to get from my mobile to the bread shop each morning. My teenagers, boy aged 15 and girl aged 14 loved the place and once actually up and out of bed disappeared for most of the day and night. The Base club run by keycamp is a great way for them to start the holiday as they instantly made loads of friends and found out where to hang out to meet more teenagers. They spent most of their time by the pool, down at the beach and behind the bar at the half pipe. The location is great and the area is spectacular. The restaurant about 500 yards to the right of the park served great pizzas and meals at about half the price of the site restaurant. Loads of supermarkets within about 10 mins drive so you only have to use the camp shop for bread....staff were very polite and smiley on my visits. I found the mosquitos a major problem around our pitch and spent a lot of time dousing myself with repellent but still was covered in bites but other than that we had a great holiday.

1 Thank OXOlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frejus
3.4 km away
8.2 km away
Les Jardins du Mai-Tai
Les Jardins du Mai-Tai
#1 of 14 in Saint-Aygulf

Been to Camping La Baume - Residence La Palmeraie? Share your experiences!