See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My partner chose this hotel via Booking.com as it had lots of positive reviews. Heaven alone knows why!

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that it's very central. The Perfume Museum is about 5 minutes walk.

Everything about this hotel is tired and in desperate need of renovation. The entrance is uninviting, the lobby drab and dull. The lift is tiny and creaky and the breakfast room is small and poorly lit.

Going into our room was like going back in time - to the 70s where interior decor was bold to say the least. The old dusty rattan shade over one bedside light was broken and falling off the backboard. The light itself kept cutting in and out when turned on and I'm sure it would be classed as dangerous.

We were given one of the back rooms so no panoramic view and no air con. The room itself was reasonably clean but the bathroom was not good. There was a lot of mould on the tiles in the tiny shower and a lot of the fixtures were coming away from the walls.

When we saw the room, my partner asked me if I wanted to either change rooms or go to a different hotel. As we were only there for 2 nights, I said we would be ok. Although there was no air con, we could open the window wide and got a reasonable amount of fresh air in. Unfortunately the room next door was a smoking room (I thought that was illegal?) so we got the occasional whiff of cigarette smoke but it wasn't enough to make us need to change.

Breakfast was a rather pathetic array of croissants, pains aux chocolat, not very fresh bread and jams. There was breakfast cereal but only the high sugar stuff that is really only aimed at kids. There was no plain tea - lots of Earl Grey and herbal/fruit tea though. This tells me that the staff just haven't a clue about how to stock the room. The room itself was so small it couldn't accommodate everyone if lots of guests came down at the same time.

The staff were friendly enough and the one who seemed to be in charge did get some plain tea for me but only after a lot of explanation. I speak fluent French and had a hard time getting him to understand so I ended up writing it down for him. I did appreciate him getting it in but it ought to have been there in the first place!

The rooms don't have hairdryers but you can get one from reception. Again I don't know how many they had and therefore what would happen if many guests wanted one at the same time.

There is NO free parking here. The only "parking" is 3-4 very cramped spaces on the road immediately outside the building. The charge is €10 a day which is a liberty as it's effectively on the public highway. There is a public paying car park opposite and we were lucky to get parked there both days. The car park uses ANPR so you can't chance not paying.

So, in summary, just about adequate if you're on a very tight budget and you want something really central. Otherwise avoid.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The location is in the Grasse city center, you walk quickly to all museums, perfume shops/factories, and restaurants.
Prices are fairly cheap.
The wi-fi was OK in my room.
On the other hand, parking is not especially easy/convenient: the hotel has only 4 rather tight parking spaces in front (they charge 10 euros daily each).
Standard amenities such as a hair drier was lacking. Room decorations are in rather shabby shape. Cleanliness is not perfect.
From my backside room "panorama" does nothing to justify its name (but I guess the front side would look far better).

Room tip: Front side may have a "panorama", back side surely don't.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

very nice service, cheap but clean and comfortable accomodation with a nice time travel to the 70´s or 80´s

the owner and his staff are very helpful and polite, always trying to accomodate you with your needs...

breakfast was a good petit dejuner, simple is best...

Room tip: very close to the center , good view over the town plaza, nice style from the 70´s/80´s comfortable beds, clean rooms and bath...
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2016

stayed here with my wife for one night. Don't understand what guys here are complaining and telling to avoid this Grasse hotel.. Everything was fine: spacious tidy room, bathroom also spacious and clean. Bed was quite comfortable. We had a room with a balcony and nice view over to the sea. When checking in we had some troubles (was my fault: had made my reservation in October -16, not April -16..! But happily we managed to clear all that mess caused of my fault anyway. Summa summarum: great location-reasonable priced hotel in Grasse.

Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

The host was nice and the hotel is close to town center. You get a room and a bet. Some would like the old design and call it retro and they will love it, but just because of price. I did nearly not sleep as the bed was insufficient to me. Forget everything about Internet.

Date of stay: September 2015