US$535
US$428
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$476/night.

US$370
US$124
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$329
US$277
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$356/night.

US$171
US$130
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Hotel Martinez(Cannes)
US$699
US$655
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsminute walkgreat locationsmall hotelairport busstayed for nightshome away from homecroissantspascalshowerkeysupermarket
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Family-like atmosphere. Bargain price for a great location - Rue Meynadier is right across the corner, along with the local market. Pleasant welcome. Cute friendly dog waiting for visitors ) Breakfast as well as anything you bring yourself may be eaten in the small courtyard.

Tiny shower and WC (2nd floor), but we had a shower ensuite, as well as a sink what was handy.

Old, almost ancient vibe in the whole building as well as rooms and the stairs. Feel of old Europe.

Hope it all stays the same when I decide to come next time!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, room 13 (corner). Small but cozy, shower ensuite. The seagulls woke us up pretty early, though - with sounds that resembled a baby being strangled (not that I've even heard that, but imagination drew gruesome pictures hearing those voices)))
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Location could not be beaten. Right in Old Town & 5 mins walk to the marina. Manager & dog is friendly. Room was the cheapest in town at this price unfortunately you do get what you pay for. The hotel is old & rundown. Our room had an open shower which wasn't mentioned in the ad. The WC was small. We had sewage smell from the pipes. Very basic so don't expect kettle or hairdryer. Good enough for backpackers & stayers only wanting a comfortable bed for few nights but we (couple) would rather pay more than stay here again but that's just our preference.

Stayed: May 2014
Pascal F, Manager at Chanteclair, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for taking time to write a review on Hotel Chanteclair. You have selected a hotel in the old part of Cannes, hence it is an old building. You write that you did not like the room. That make me sad because you did not tell me. We could have given you another room. All our rooms are different but of course all rooms are very small. We do write that on our website. You are also claiming a hairdryer. We do lent out hairdryers from the reception if asked of. I hope that you will find hotels that suits you better in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have just returned from a 4-day stay in this hotel / hostel. I booked it via hostels.com and you can't argue with the cost - 100 euros for 4 days - what a bargain.

I absolutely loved the location, charm and ambience of this hotel as well as my little room 4. I booked this pretty last minute as I suddenly found myself with a long weekend on the cards due to a public holiday in Amsterdam and decided to set off for some sun.

Room 4 has a shower (not for the large), sink, queen bed and the toilet is just outside (which did not bother me at all). The room overlooked the courtyard and each morning I was woken (after a great night's sleep) to the sound of a wood pigeon and also the world's noisiest seagull!

I slept really really well here, the bed was v comfortable and with the window open it was just the right temperature.

Location wise, as others have said, you are right next to the market and 'restaurant row' in the old town, as well as just down the road from the Croisette. If you are after a private beach then I can recommend the O'key private beach. If you go down to the marina and turn right, you can't miss it. The prices are 12 euros per day in the week and 16 euros at the weekend for a sunbed & parasol. The owners and staff were lovely to me for the two days I was there.

Pascal is very kind and his dog Oscar is a little naughty thing (but v cute French boxer). If you are not keen on dogs then do not be put off, he is only a tiny thing and Pascal will tie him up if he is running around and being too naughty.

For 7 euros you can have a continental breakfast or if like me, you just want coffee, then a grand cafe is 2.50 euros (and I did check out the prices round about - he is cheaper).

Also if you ask him nicely, you may arrive after 8pm - but you must ask in advance.

Overall, I loved this little place - I felt very at home, and I'm sure I will be returning. I'm only sorry that the weather in Amsterdam is several degrees cooler than it was on the Cote D'Azur, as I'm missing the warmth.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2014

At Chanteclair you get a very rare experience - a hotel with personality and a personal touch. The experience you will get here is very far from the standard and impersonal experience at a big hotel. Sure, the hotel has got some "patina" and hasn't got the amenities you may be used to, but it compensates for this by having charm - this unique vibe that makes you feel good.

Pascal, the hotel owner, takes a personal interest in making sure you have the best stay possible. And then - you don't find a better location.

I can't recommend this enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends