“Charming, small restaurant with delicious food and great service”
Review of La Meissouniere

La Meissouniere
Ranked #4 of 848 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$20 - US$43
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2017

La Meissouniere is in a little side street near to Cannes Station. There is indoor and outdoor seating. On the menu there is a good selection of food, including vegetarian options.

The food was excellent and very delicious. I had a complementary hors d'oeuvre of a veggie spread and bread. The mozzarella and tomato salad and pasta main course were both very appetising.

The profiterole for dessert was to die for one huge one, with wonderful, light choux pastry with ice cream inside, covered in chocolate sauce and served with cream.

Service was excellent and attentive, although very busy. Very reasonably priced for Cannes and was my favourite restaurant during my holiday.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant with fantastic service. Best value for money you will find in Cannes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We've been coming here for a few years now and have our favourite dishes on the menu (duck with secret sauce or foie gras burger for my husband, calves' liver with two vinegars or prawns in pastis for me).

What makes this place invaluable is the true passion of its chef, Claire, and her team, both in the kitchen and front of house. I watched them last night: Claire plus her sous-chef and a washer upper in the kitchen, feeding probably nearly a hundred covers that evening.

Her front of house team, another three people, making sure that nothing got dropped, that everyone had the right dish at the right time, opening bottles, making sure you were OK without being overbearing. That's the secret of a good restaurant, not just the food.

I am also reassured by the fact that many locals come here for their lunch. Claire's not just catering from the congressistes' but for people who work in nearby shops, and all know each other.

Great value for money (having paid €26 for a salad on a beach restaurant this is a welcome bonus), excellent ingredients and a brilliant team - that's why we keep coming back.

1  Thank caratania
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The restaurant is charming. The food is delicious and the ambiance is great. So why the title and only 4 stars.

Because at the end of the meal when the waiter brought the bill, he said "Are you going to leave something for us?" thinking that as foreigners we did not know that service was included. Had we been really dumb tourists we might have given him an additional 15-29% on a €90 bill. But we know "service compris" means tip is included - as it is in ALL restaurants in France.

Have to say that left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth which is a shame because I love this place. And I'm local here for many months of the year.

I can't recommend this place without saying BE CAREFUL. The tip is included and don't be ashamed to tell him you know that and it's chutzpah to ask for more.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Great food. Excellent service. Fantastic value for money. Highly recommended. Profiteroles are unbelievable!