All reviews shuttle service self catering the hotel staff train station pools sauna sea taxis studio euro
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Overall we had a nice time at the hotel, but there are lots of room for improvement. The apartment room was spacious, but not very clean, a bit smelly and quite dark and dated. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful unlike some other comments, although a call to reception to enquire about a shuttle policy resulted in me talking to 3 members of staff as they were either unable to understand my question or didn't know the answer. You are really isolated here and the nearest shop with a child in tow is a good 30 minute walk away. I don't understand why the hotel doesn't offer a little more amenities based on this. A small shop, or even a vending machine for purchasing snacks (given that they have self catering accommodation) would have been really useful. Apart from eating expensively at the restaurant the only other option was a small selection of ciabattas from the bar between 2pm-5pm and these were mostly sold out within 15 minutes of going on sale. Service was also generally very slow during busy periods. The pool area had so many rules and regulations and it just didn't feel like children were particularly welcome. I think the hotel needs to decide if it wants to focus on being an adult spa or a family hotel as the two don't seem to mix well here. No food or drink is allowed around the pool, no toys, children told off for making too much noise and disgusted glances from guests for splashing and playing. Unfortunately the shallow children's pool is not heated and neither is one of the main pools, which made them effectively redundant during early season and everyone is confined to 1 pool only, which seems to be a bit of a waste. The bottom of the pool also looks dirty and not very inviting. Views are lovely and the shuttle service was helpful although it could do with a few more slots, especially early afternoon as you have one at 11.45 and then not again until 3pm. There was a tendency for them to be cancelled or full at times too so advice would be to book ahead. Taxis are terribly expensive. We were advised that a taxi to Gare de Biot booked for us by the hotel would be 10-15 Euros but it ended up being nearly 25 Euros in no traffic. We quickly learned that Uber was our saviour here.

Room tip: Definitely go for sea view if you can. Garden view rooms are of car park and don't get the sun.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tifa710
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Hotel Baie des Anges, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Guest,
You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.
Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Thalazur network.
Sincerly,

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Nice, clean and modern hotel. Just very hard to find. We stayed at the studio side of the building (and not the hotel side) since the rooms were larger than the hotel side. B-fast expensive so we skipped it, although the breakfast area view is great. Would highly recommend it. The reception staff very unhelpful and not very friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saeed E

Thank you for your feedback.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
I transmit your remarks at the reception because it's not a habits in my establishment.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a week, the outside pool heated up to 26 degrees, the indoor pool heated up to 33 degrees. All pools with salty water- we loved it. There was a shuttle bus to the town and train station for 1 Euro per person. The breakfast seemed a little expensive - 18 Euro per person, house keeping for extra charge. The hotel was about 20 minutes walk from a shop, but great pizza shop about 7 min away. The area was quiet and staff very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Monika2002
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Hotel Baie des Anges, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in our hotel.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We should be at the hotel right now relaxing as a family but we are home in the U.K still due to the French air strikes our flight was cancelled yesterday as we was waiting to board the plane.
Our holiday we planned has been ruined as we there is no flights.
I called up your hotel as soon as we found out this bad news and I spoke to one of your staff member Victoire (Victoria). She was so friendly and sympathetic. I just want to say thanks for being understanding. It's not often you get hotels that put themselves in your shoes. Many thanks again x

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback.
It's a pleasure to receive your comments and we hope to welcome you soon.
All appologize for the flight cancellation.
Sincerly,

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed here for a week. A cheeky week before the sunshine disappears! We had one of the rooms which I think they call self catering. It had a little kitchette, which was handy but very basic. The room on a whole was sparse and dated. 2 sets of towels for the week and that was our lot! Not the best.

Pool area was ok. Dirty pool. Ok sun beds. Ok view of the Rivera.

Spa area was small. Steam room was barely hot, which disappointment me. Sauna was good. I also liked the large jacuzzi type area. Salt water. However, again no towels supplied unless you want to spend €4 a day hire. Poor.

It's an ok hotel for a cheeky week but I wouldn't want to stay here if it was my main holiday location.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sporty3334
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Hotel Baie des Anges, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
We hope to welcome you in the futur and you choice Alpilles or Azur rooms and no in appartement or studio.
The bathrobes, towels, cabs, shoes were including if you have treatment.
We stay at your disposal for information.
We hope to see you in the futur.
Best regards,