All reviewsmain buildingchampagne bardiving boardlegendary hoteltennis courtsmoment you arrivele grillgastronomic restaurantsouth of franceconcierge staffsuper yachtsstunning hotelgarden viewcannes film festivalhigh seasonsmall poolfrench riviera
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Is this hotel very good…yes it is but so is the price you pay.
• I was staying due to a business event locally and I have to say it’s a beautiful property but I’m not it’s as good as the hype.
• I told then when I would be arriving and then got told I would have to wait?? Anyway this was dealt with and I got shown a room which was ok but fairly small. It was fine for my needs but others would be disappointed I suspect, everything though was immaculate.
• I had to do a few hours work then headed down the 5 walk to the pool, which was lovely, I would hate to be here during peak season paying these rates though. It’s a small pool really, average size for moderate sized European hotels.
• Coffee and cake at the pool restaurant area though was good, service ok but not amazing.
• Fitness centre, for this standard of hotel I suspect many will be disappointed, it feels hot, small and feels like a cabin in the middle of the garden, they would be better putting this somewhere in the basement of the main building. The only redeeming point is they have cold towels and water which is what you would expect in a decent 5 star hotel.
• Bar, I went to the bar in the main hotel and I have to say I was very disappointed, greeting and general service not good enough, to be fair to the hotel they acknowledged a note I left in the room when I was leaving but this shouldn’t have happened in the first place. They should try visiting some excellent hotels bars to understand how service is really delivered as its lacking here.
• Room service, very expensive but excellent, seriously couldn’t fault it.
• Breakfast at the Med was lovely, but somewhat underwhelming. The choice I personally though was average at best and not what I expected of this hotel. The quality of the food was good though and the service excellent.
• Checkout was excellent.

Overall this hotel is without question excellent but for the price it’s just good for a 5 star and like many hotels could equally improve in certain areas but it’s definitely worth staying but be careful of the rate you pay as like many things there is a price point even for 5 star hotels where the price doesn't justify the experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RJB1000
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I had an amazing buffet lunch at Hotel du Cap, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was perfect.
This is a wonderful place to visit if you want a memorable experience.
I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I went there for my 50th birthday. If you're reading this you probably know that it's really hard to get into and that they want a minimum of a week's stay. We managed to to book it as we had recently stayed twice in one year at Le Bristol and had started our sejour with a few days at Chateau St.-Martin (all part of the amazing Oetker group). Moreover, my travel agent is amazing...

We had two adjoining rooms in the main building. They were on the smallish-side, but very tastefully done. Everything worked well, the housecleaning staff were wonderful and turn-down was seamless.

We split our time between off-property adventures and lunches and on-property relaxation. The kids' club was in full swing and the staff was top-notch; as it should be for a property of such standing.

Food was excellent and service always good. I'm particularly sensitive to client hierarchy; to be sure there are guests--repeat guests--at this hotel who drop obscene tips to guarantee service, best tables, perfect lounge location, etc. We certainly tipped well but there are always better. With one (minor) exception I never once felt second-class.

To be sure, though, there is a certain atmosphere. If your skin crawls at the thought of aging, tanned men with beautiful WAGs decked out in the best of the best, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a venue at which you are perfectly expected to wear your Hermes wrap, sarong, drivers, sandals, etc., and have a tan, fake or otherwise, to offset the gold of your AP, then this is heaven. At one point I remarked on the fact that among the 20-odd men and boys at the pool, 2/3rds were wearing Vilebrequin bathing shorts. The others were split between Hermes and Orlebar Brown. The lone, pasty American teenager in knee-length Billabong boardshorts was, well, alone.

I always laugh when I see those swim trunks with a photo of the pool. Yes, it really is something else. And so is diving (ok, jumping) off the diving board straight into the Med.

An absolute standout was the Conciergerie. No request for advice or reservations was too much and their friendliness, especially to our kids, was wonderful.

Without a doubt, this is the nec plus ultra of South of France hotels. It's not for everyone. Nothing annoys me more than reading reviews of people complaining of the price, especially the food. If you are going to worry about it, then it's not for you.

But if, just for once in your life, you want to know what it's like to spend a little time at such a storied property, then this is it, and yes, the hype is justified.

*In the spirit of full disclosure my family and I were there July 2015.

Room Tip: The pool suites are, as best I know, junior suites. I hear they're impossible to reserve due to their demand by repeat customers.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank WillTell1307
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I️ spent a few magical days here. The property is absolutely stunning and the service is top notch. My room was clean and incredibly spacious. It seems that every detail has been well thought out throughout the rooms and the entire hotel. The staff is friendly and very helpful and truly do everything in their power to make your stay perfect.

The really showstopper of this hotel is the property itself. The grounds are spectacularly cared for, well laid out and very relaxing. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean is a real highlight.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel has one of the most beautiful locations you’ll find on the Riviera. The main building is magnificent, the gardens and wooded areas likewise and the view over the Mediterranean sublime. Naturally, this all comes at a price…

If you need to ask the price of a room, this isn’t for you. However if you want to experience Hotel du Cap, enjoy a cocktail on the terrace at the end of the day and watch the sun set. You can imagine staying here at the very least.

Guestrooms here are bright and airy, marrying floral fabrics with natural white walls and large windows. Service is lovely and I’ve always liked the very comfortable lounge bar, though I hear that’s about to be re-designed.

If you want privacy during the day, you can rent one of the small cabanas for a massage and look over the rocks to the sea, but they’re relatively basic for the money.

Stay here if you can enjoy without checking prices. Enjoy.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends