“Magnifique....”

Cuisines: Diner, French, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Had dinner at this restaurant based on the Rick Steves Best of France recommendation. Glad we did. One of of finest meals we had in 24 days in Europe. They had several items on the menu that were over the top. They had some unique and delicious choices. Pork cheeks, some kind of aged meat. It was a cool evening, so we opted for inside dining. No view. Asked the waitress to provide separate checks (there were 2 families).. she "oui oui"ed us, but in the end, failed to deliver. We ended up with one bill that we split. After dinner, we tried to get an Uber ride home. Only 1 of the 2 Uber drivers in Avignon was available. The other one was evidently in bed for the night... sent the women and children in the ride and the guys had to walk home. Good way to walk off the calories. Worth dining here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 12 October 2016

i usually go for lunch here when in Avignon, the food is superb, great menu, the waiters very good,the ambiance and view of the bridge of Avignon is amazing,free ferry across the river, very relaxing place ,always in my itinerary when I'm there. At night its the place for fine dining surrounded by the lights of Avignon x

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We asked our hotel to book this restaurant after a recommendation from our wine tour Guide at Chateau la Nerthe. The view across the river is something I would not tire from. I would say the food is good and delicious but the setting is something else. Seated upon the banks of the river with the sun dying in the background and the lights emerging into the foreground I forgot about the lack of complexity of flavours and simply immersed myself in pure nature and good food. Really worth a visit. The total cost of our meal €100 but we did have pre dinner drinks. If you refrain from these the cost reduces to about €80.

1  Thank AliciaABF
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We booked dinner for 6.30 via the Internet and when we arrived we were virtually ignored and after questioning told we would have to wait until the kitchen opened at 7 pm. No offer of drinks, no welcome, and we would have left but kids were so hungry we waited. Food average, over priced. Disappointing.

WilliamLeBercail, Propriétaire at Le Bercail, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Hello,

we do apologize since our on-line booking system is not supposed to accept bookings before 7 pm...
Actually, the staff is eating between 6:30 pm and 7 pm, this is why we kindly asked you to wait a bit until the shift starts...
I can easly understand that this unexpected situation gave you bad feelings about our Customer service. It is even more understandable when you have hungry children like yours (I have two : 5 and 8 years old ;-)
But please believe that the Customer experience is our first priority and that we have changeed the booking Schedule in our system so that this situation does not happen anymore.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Le Bercail
Sincerly yours
William

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I visited with my husband and 21 month old little girl & really enjoyed it.
A riverside table as the sun set over the city was the perfect end to a busy day.
Food was lovely & the breaded chicken option for my little one was great quality.
Pretty lit up outside seated area.
Waiters were all lovely and helpful with suggestions.
Would definitely go back as was a good experience for all.

1  Thank JoMcFarlane