All reviews train station separate lounge area sitting room two double beds garden view swimming pool on the roof sister hotel old town walled city sliding door huge room paper cups superior room busy road underground parking air conditioning short walk
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We stayed five nights at this hotel. It's very well located if you are travelling by train and using Avignon Central Station - although not Avignon TGV, which is on the city outskirts. It's not far to walk from the hotel to the centre of the walled city, but some might find this irritating. It's a modern property clearly designed for business travellers and business conferences. It lacks charm, to put it mildly.

It also lacked air-conditioning for the entire time we stayed. The hotel staff issued fans and they helped, but this is a building designed for a/c, so there was only so much a fan could do. We did receive a discount, but I would have preferred a/c; it was hot!

Our twin room was spacious with an attached sitting room facing the railway track; as the windows were open I needed ear plugs. Everywhere there was the sense that money was tight, eg, it took two days to receive a replacement bar of soap. Breakfast was all right, although the coffee came from a machine so common in hotels these days. We went one evening to have a drink at the bar; the barman was not on hand and it took over fifteen minutes to find him. We had to pay for potato crisps which we didn't ask for.

The front desk staff were clearly stressed. They were working in the heat at reception, although we did notice the back office had a separate a/c unit. In all this failure, one person stood out for exceptional service: Karine. She gave us local tips on where to eat and what to see in the city beyond the obvious sights; she was enthusiastic about her city. She found an extra fan to help us. Above all she was welcoming and full of smiles, as well as apologies, in a difficult situation, a characteristic some of the other reception staff should adopt.

But, this is a modern hotel in a first world country and nothing can excuse the failure to repair an entire a/c system.

Room tip: Over looking the garden is good, provided the a/c is working
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We reserved seven nights, but, upon arrival, were told that the AC wasn’t working. We looked at our room (which was large and poorly furnished). It was stifling inside. We spoke to several couples in the elevator who decided to stay with no AC. One woman said she had gotten prickly heat. The front desk offered no discount for the inconvenience, but said they would cancel our reservation without penalty. They were not terribly helpful, but we walked to the nearby Novotel to get a room there for three nights, then we had to scramble to find a room for the next four nights. As you can see from other reviewers, there has been no AC for quite some time. An email would have been helpful to let us know a little earlier, so we could have more easily made alternative arrangements.I cannot recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Love this hotel, great location, lovely spacious clean rooms, kind knowledgeable and helpful staff. The continental breakfast lovely with a plenty of choices and the bar snacks are delicious. The hotel is close to the rail & bus terminals and not far from the city centre

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at a suite. The location was good just near the station very close to the center. We liked the room, it was spacious and clean, not so new though. There were holes in curtains and they never cleaned the balcony through out our stay. The air conditioning was poor for the first night then it was out of order for the rest of our stay. They apologised for the situation and said that they are trying to fix it. But it was 35 C outside in August and it was annoyingly uncomfortable. We had to leave the room early in the morning and came back late cos we couldn’t stand the heat. We had also trouble with the parking. One day the elevator was out of order. So with all these problems as much as I liked the hotel I can say they have huge problems with maintenance. I must say they gave us a discount, which we appreciated, because of the air conditioning was broken down. But I would have chosen another no matter the cost if I knew it because it was so hot.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

No aircon, no room service, old rooms with poor decoration, 1 clunky old lift for entire hotel, and that’s about it...
Arrived to be told that aircon wasn’t working and that they would get us a room in a different hotel if we wanted it. We decided we’d see how we get on before making any decision. We didn’t know the aircon had not worked for 2 months (we found reviews online later). We looked around the room, it was large, but looking a bit old, but again we were ok with this. We opened all the windows in the room, and decided to order room service. This is where everything went down hill very quickly!
Firsty, they don’t do room service, their website says they do, but they DO NOT,
They have a sister hotel across the road with a very nice restaurant, that is where they told me to go for a meal. When I told them that is not room service, they said they could make me a salad or some lasagna...
That was enough for us. I can potentially live without air-con, but not without air-con and no room service.
I asked the manager to book me another hotel as per the receptionist had offered. Things went even further down hill, very fast.
The manager asked why I wanted to move hotels after checking in over 2 hours ago. I corrected her and said I’d only checked in 25 minutes ago, to which she mumbled.
She told me that I could walk across the road and book a room at the Novotel and that she would then refund my hotel cost to Expedia. I told her I booked though Hotels.com, to which she informed me that they are the same company.
When I said that is not her booking me another room at a different hotel as offered by the receptionist at checkin, she told me that is all they would do.
I asked how long my refund would take, 2-3 working days to refund ‘Expedia’ and then it is up to Expedia to refund me, is what I was told.
I told the manager that, that is not the hotel finding me alternative accommodation as offered by the checkin clerk.
I was told that was all that she could do!
The staff are surly and rude and clearly do not care that the hotel is not as advertised.they are not interested in helping anyone.
Do yourself a favour and avoid this hotel.
Hopefully enough negative reviews will force the hotel to change.
Search review sites carefully and you will find all of the negative reviews of this terrible hotel.

Room tip: Tip, do not stay here
1  Thank PhilB1350