All reviews budget hotel railway station old city convenient location hotel is located train noise arriving by train reception staff are avignon centre highly recommend this hotel an easy walk next morning stay there again reception area wi fi comfortable bed papal palace
Reviewed 8 June 2018

STAY AWAY! Absolutely the worst hotel in France. We stayed here, unfortunately. No airconditioning, no private parking. No matter what they say they cannot offer these facilities. Find any alternative to this dump! I would sleep in the car rather than stay here. For that matter stay away from any Accor hotel!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank terryjewellerydesign
Nicolas C, General Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Godd day Terry,

First of all I feel very sorry that your experience went so bad.
I am suprised to read your comment as I did not hear anything when you where here. It is always a possibility to speak with managment on spot. Afetr it is too late to appreciate things and to give us the opportunity to give you satsfaction.
I cannot even make a link between this comment and your stay in the hotel.

Anyway, I confirm that we have airconditioning in the hotel and this one is in service since april 26th 2018.
For the parking, I am also very suprised as we do have two public parkings at the train station and a nice 38% discount at the hotel for on of them for all our guests.

Feel free to contact me to give more details !

Nicolas
General manager

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

IBIS needs to Improve signing for those arriving by car.
What you should do is look for the hotel at the far end of the car park of the station.
Enter by the last opening to the station forecourt and choose the narrow entrance immediately on the left. There is an IBIS sign but it’s dirty faded and small. Then park as near to the hotel as possible and take the pedestrian ramp. Pay through the hotel on departure.
The hotel room is small basic, comfortable and clean. No kettle or tea making items.
Only shower. Room very quiet in spite of trains because of triple glazing.
Well placed for town centre and sights only a short stroll.
Didn’t have any meals. Breakfast available cheaply nearby.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicolas C, General Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Good day Gourmetrover,

Thansk for sharing !
Unfortunately, we are not responsible for the lack of signs in Avignon to tell our guest where we are.
For the last 6 months I am doing all I can to let the mayer confirm this lack of signs. The tramay works and the city unmanaged trees are ofcourse not helping !

Obviously the area is going to change in the next 2 years and everything is gonna be normal.

Hope to see you then.

Once again, sorry for what you had to deal with.

Nicolas
Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed at this hotel many times now .It's what we expect from the Ibis Brand. Bedroom/Bathroom clean & neat. Reception staff are helpful & friendly. Can't comment on breakfast - don't have them, but there is a good sized breakfast/restaurant area with a small selection of lunch/dinner offers. Although there are 30+ TV channels - note that the only one in English is BBC World News! which becomes very boring after a while. Have asked for BBC1 instead but not had any luck. Bar 24/7 is a bit misleading too. You can only get beer & wines up until 11pm. after which only soft drinks & teas/coffees available. Nice pub just inside city walls if you want late drinks. Hotel has good security as is near Central Station - though this location is fine for trips out to lots of interesting places. Also look out for the little electric Balandine bus just inside city walls - takes you all around the town for 50 cnts. All things considered this hotel offers good value for money. We will be back in August!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 25 April 2018

The hotel is very well situated as I travelled by train. It's just next to the main station and only 10 mins walk from city center. Room was small but clean and tidy. We had a view of the Papal Palace from our room which was nice. We didn't have breakfast so no comment on that. Check-in and out was fast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrivateS13
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I had a hard time finding a place to store my luggage prior to my train. For only 2 Euro I was able to leave my bags here which is conveniently located near Avignon Center station. I was able to walk to the station easily in 10 minutes.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo