Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$148
Hotels.comUS$148
TripadvisorUS$123
FindHotel
PricelineUS$123
eDreamsUS$123
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I had a very negative experience booking with Hotel En Ville, and although I did not have the pleasure of actually staying there - I do think it's important for travelers to know the risks involved with booking here (particularly since I see from other user reviews I'm not the only one.)

I booked with Hotel En Ville on hotels.com a couple months before my trip to France in July and received email confirmations at the time of booking and the day before I was meant to arrive. An hour before I hopped on my plane, I received an email that my credit card had been declined and my reservation had been cancelled. I called the hotel to have them try again or give them a new card, but they were very unfriendly, and uninterested in helping as they released my reservation and were now full.

I called American Express and they said there were zero attempts by the hotel to charge my card - I'm not sure if they really did try the card, or they punched in the wrong number, or maybe they were simply overbooked. Whatever the reason, the appropriate action here would have been to call and speak to me over the phone to resolve the issue - instead of canceling my reservation the day I was meant to arrive. Trying to find a new hotel as I was boarding the plane was as stressful as you might imagine - everything was booked in Aix and I ended up having to stay outside town which was very inconvenient for my 72 year old mother.

I walked by the hotel during my stay in Aix and it's very well-located to visit Old Town. But I do believe it's fair to say that their customer service is certainly lacking, and warn people that their bookings are not guaranteed here.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Vanilla27
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This was a sleek, no-frills hotel conveniently located right by the old town. Our room was located up two flights of stairs (no elevator.) It was spacious, with efficient air conditioning, an enormous, comfortable bed and a view of the peak of the famous Mont Sainte Victoire (often painted by Cezanne.) The service was very friendly and, although at €12.50 somewhat on the expensive side, the breakfast was good. (Coffee, OJ, croissant, rolls, honey, jam and butter.) As often in French parking garages parking was tight, but doable if your car is not too big. We were very satisfied with this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Very nice charming hotel well situated. The couple owners make you feel at home and take the time to explain you what to visit and the local customs. It is real professional hostellerie at at a very reasonable price. The rooms are decorated with taste. The BaBa restaurant offers a fantastic Ceviche and the food was very fresh and excellent. We will definitely go back!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I stayed only one night during a business trip. It is an old fashion hotel just outside the central pedestrian area. No elevator to the room at second floor. Very weak Wi-Fi signal in the room (at least in mine). As usual in France, they have the "salle de bain" (WC) split from the "salle the l'eau" (shower/tube). The funny architectural element was the door to enter in the wc, that is a couple of swinging doors (like in a saloon in the Far West). You can imagine the privacy!
Anyway, the room was of a decent size and very clean. The bathroom(s) were clean. The room has a air conditioner and a (small) flat screen TV set.
The 2 ladies manning the reception were helpful and kind in providing touristic information.
I wold not recommend for a long stay. Price a bit high compared to the quality (despite the official 3 stars).

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2015

I chose this hotel (which neither I nor my local colleagues had heard of) because the others I normally use on business trips there were full, and wanted to be able to walk to the centre. I got a room on the top floor, looking onto the street which tends to be noisy day and night. The furnishing is minimalistic, getting close to a charme provencale but not quite getting it; the bathroom was in need of work, the plaster around the sink was coming off, holes in the wall were poorly fixed, a curtain in the shower would have helped splashing water all over, no night tables next to the bed (I used the two chairs); the floor is in bare concrete, I was happy to have brought my own slippers. No elevator, no mini bar or other facilities in the room. The room air conditioning worked well (it was very hot and would have been impossible to stay in that room under the roof), the hotel offers free Wi-Fi but it did not work in that room (too far from the router). Breakfast is served from 7.30 am and the reception closes at 8 pm (arriving late, I arranged an appointment to be let in), which by itself renders it not very suitable for a business stay. What rendered the overall experience very pleasant was Guy, a gentleman who takes care pretty much of everything: he came to the hotel after hours to let me in, and was happy to serve me breakfast around 7 and on the outside street tables - when I asked him if that was possible, his reply was "Ici tout est possible qui fait plaisir au client", which set the tone for a nice stay. Yet, the rate of Eur 130 (plus breakfast) for it seemed to me excessive, perhaps due to the high season.

Room tip: The rooms on the street are noisy and without terrace (picture on the hotel site). Check about the a/c and WiFi. Bring your slippers.
Date of stay: June 2015