Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$43
PricelineUS$126
Expedia.comUS$132
getaroom.comUS$152
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2019 via mobile

Came earlier, at 10am, we have booked 5 rooms, we asked for rooms befor 4pm if possible, butnthey said no, check in is at 4, so we left our luggage and went to the city. We returned arround 3pm, waited till 4, still no room, meanwhile other guests checked in and got keys easly. We ve got 1st room 4.15, than 4.20, 4.30... and last one 4.50 pm. Staff was rude, arguing with us, wanting room on time. Next day man at reception said therebis something wrong with our booking and who will pay extra?? We said, we have booking comfirmation with booking.com and we will pay cash what had been booked. He said no, I will charge your credit card, because there is something wrong. I said once.more, i have comfirmation here, I will not pay.anything else... we payed cash after check out, after one week we still have -600 eur on credit card... Very dissapointed with staff from the day we arrived til now when.we are allready home. And there is more to say but I dont have energy any more...Never happend before and we are regular travelers. Stay away.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DejkoT
Hotel-Le-Galice, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Le Galice Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Dear Dejan,
Thanks for your feedback regarding to your experience in our hotel le Galice in Aix en Provence.
In the name of all our teams, we wish to apologize for your inconvenience regarding to the time you got your rooms ready.
I already explained the problem to our contact at Grand Théatre de Provence, we had two bookings for you, one from booking.com and one from GTP.
Finally you just paid our room once by cash, we did not charge you double.
And we never charge your credit card. It may be a pre-authorization, to guarantee the reservation but it has not been charged.
We hope to see you come back soon for an other experience by our side in Aix en Provence.
Galice's team wishes you a good day,
Marine BOSCQ (please feel free to contact me at reception if you need more explanation).

Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

The staff here are either shady, poorly trained, or both. Be sure to check your bill because they charge you for services whether or not you receive them. I specifically reserved a room without breakfast (as is an option when booking online) and yet they charged me for breakfast every day — EUR 34 per day for my wife and me. Then, they charged my credit card before I could see my invoice. When I protested, they went into the register and paid me back in cash — weird. When I pointed out to a manager that this practice — overcharging without letting customers see the invoice — was unprofessional, she seemed entirely nonchalant and claimed that the hotel’s computer systems are to blame.

The previous day, my elderly parents ordered a taxi thru the front desk for a Sunday AM pickup. The front desk told them the taxi would cost EUR 45. When the taxi driver showed up, he told me the ride would cost the posted price: EUR 60. How can the employees of a hotel not know the posted prices of taxis? When I pointed out to the woman at the front desk that the hotel gave my parents the wrong information, she completely deflected and threw her coworkers under the bus without offering an apology: “I didn’t say that, that was my colleagues!”

These two incidents contributed to the overall feeling that this hotel is staffed by poorly trained university students who desperately need an adult to impose some training, discipline, and professionalism. Or, worse, they are hoping that they can make some extra cash from unwitting foreigners.

Other weird, more minor things: 1) no door to the shower, so your bathroom gets flooded. 2) Coffee pods aren’t replaced each day, so you basically only get coffee for the first day. 3) Hotel is about 15 min walk to downtown, which is relatively far in what is a small city.

All in all, Aix is a great, walkable city. Just stay somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hab-n-mac
Reviewed 22 September 2019

Strengths: Nice broad beds, thick towels, decent breakfast with very good coffee and fresh madeleines
Weaknesses:
the bathroom walls are made of pappmache- your traveling companion is bound to hear you taking a shower or washing your hands
Not enough electric sockets -either you use the coffee machine or the desk lamp or your laptop
Avoid the rooms to the front: second hand car dealership is not the nicest view in Provence. also, in case you open the windows- the smoking guests and bus exhausts plus the noisy main drive are quite disturbing
The location was minimum 15 minutes walk from any decent bar or restaurant - this was especially annoying upon arrival on friday 22 h since the hotel restaurant was not open anymore

Date of stay: September 2019
Hotel-Le-Galice, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Le Galice Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Dear customer,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding to your experience in our hotel Best Western Le Galice in Aix en Provence. We are glad to know that you particulary enjoyed our hotel's equipments and services such as the king size bed or our large buffet breakfast in which i agree, fresh madeleines are really good ! We take good notes about your advices for the electric sockets and will talk about this in our next staff meeting. We wish you a safe return and hope to see you come back soon in our beautiful city of Aix en Provence.

Have a nice day,

Reviewed 14 September 2019

Very nice hotel about 15 mins walk into the centre. Rooms very nice and clean and the beds were massive and comfy. The breakfast was very nice although some of the staff were quite offhand. The rooms also have nespresso machines which was great it’s just a shame we were only given one coffee pod between us for 3 days! We did ask for a couple more but were told there were none available! Overall nice hotel which also had a lovely pool area too

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel-Le-Galice, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Le Galice Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Dear Kai,

It was a pleasure to be by your side during your trip in our beautiful city of Aix en Provence. Many thanks for your feedback regarding to your experience in our hotel. We are glad to read that your particulary enjoyed our breakfast. We can't wait to see you come back to have another Galice's experience ! We wish you a safe return.

Have a nice day,

Reviewed 16 August 2019

It was not our first time in Aix. Those days we stayed at other places. Till now we did not came across the right hotel, but this time we did. We hope that references like this don’t make the hotel to popular or the people of Best Western lazy, but I think they have deserved some extra attention.
When you come from the North it is an easy drive, only the last 100 meter is perhaps a challenge. The underground parking is around the back and safe. The check-in accurate the rooms big enough with a great shower.
The pool is lovely, with nice fresh water, a bar near the pool and some chairs to lay down.
Most of all it is only a few minutes’ walk to the centre which give you the opportunity to have breakfast every morning on the Cours Mirabeau.
Yes we will come back!

Room tip: Take the view on the pool!
Date of stay: August 2019
Hotel-Le-Galice, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Le Galice Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Dear Cint,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding to your experience in our hotel Best Western Le Galice in Aix en Provence. What a praise ! In the name of all our team, i wish to thank you for this constructive feedback. We are glad to know that you particulary enjoy the pool and our equipments such as the outside bar. We hope to see you come back soon, your satisfaction is a real source of motivation for our teams.

Galice's team wishes you a good day,