Le Volney
US$220
US$127
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Le Londres(Saumur)
US$94
US$143
US$139
Logis Le Chai de la Paleine(Saumur)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Les Terrasses de Saumur(Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Florent)
US$104
US$251
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

Hotel Kyriad Saumur Centre(Saumur)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Very nice small French hotel with very nice services, located close to center and castle. Rooms are very clean, quiet, bed comfortable, breakfast very tasty, served in situ. There is ventilator, hair dryer, iron. Attention during booking because hotel offers more that one kind of rooms - ask about photo room which you booked because when I reserved standard room 11 m, I got room 7 m with bevels and when I woke up I hit my head on the ceiling - fortunatelly I can changed to the other bigger room - so sum up I remember nice stay in this hotel

Room Tip: Room 214 - very small with bevels - as in the attic and very small bathroom - I don't recommend. Room 210 - normal size, comfortable bed, big bathroom - I recommend.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Citotel Hotels
Dupuy_Francois, Propriétaire at Le Volney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you have appreciated our hotel. See you later.
Best regards.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Saumur was busy when I was looking for a room at the last minute, but I managed to book the last room in this hotel - a family room for four - just for myself. You can therefore understand that I have no complaints on room size! The separate bathroom and lavatory - not to mention the walk in wardrobe - gave a certain sense of luxury; although this is a no-frills hotel.
The bed was of good quality and very comfortable. The WiFi was poor to non-existent. A school next door meant careful selection of window to keep open overnight to minimise the noise in the morning.
A bit of juggling enabled free parking just 50 meters down the road, and my bicycle was well catered for in a small garage.
The proprietor could not have been more helpful with local information, the loan of a guide book and offers of a smaller (slightly cheaper) room when I extended my stay by a day. (I stayed in the big room btw!) No complaints on breakfast other than the room was stuffy. The chap supplied some cheese when it became clear that I was not a "jam" person. And I think he threw in breakfast on the last morning for free. As I said, he is a nice chap.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Dupuy_Francois, Propriétaire at Le Volney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thanks for your positive opinion. Specially for the manager of the hotel ! We don't have problems with wifi and we were surprised for your comment.
Best regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel does what it says on the tin. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable.

There is free WiFi but it can be intermittent. The breakfast is just about worth the price if you can't be bothered going out for it.

The best thing about the hotel is that the staff speak English, are friendly, accommodating and try to help. The room prices are cheap due to the points above and you may pay more than double elsewhere. It is reasonably central, you can walk everywhere and there there is free parking just 50m away (if u can get a space).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thanks for your positive opinion. It's really a satisfaction for us to see our efforts recognized.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I have read the complaints about this place and some are fair but you must put them into context, for the price you will not find better seriously, the rooms are small but clean and the staff and owners try their best to help us english only speakers. Really had an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thanks for your positive opinion specially for the manager !

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is right in the centre of town, a short walk from the chateau, the tank museum, and the wine caves. We picked this because it was central, and cheap. The rooms aren't big...don't bring cats. But they're clean and the staff are very helpful. Their English is much better than my French.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thanks for youy positive opinion. For the cats it's better to reserve the biggest room !