“Extraordinary!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I've been to l'u.ni for my birthday a year ago.
This was just perfect.
We arrived and took a drink so finally we didn't wait for a table. The cook prepared a dedicated menu for me (there is a whole list of aliments I don't like and believe me it's hard to find a restaurant willing to change their menu in France). I can't repeat what we have eaten because even though the kind waiter explained it to me a million times (for my demand) each time I immediately forgot. One thing is sure : it was the most delicious meal I ate in 2016!
Especially the little soup served before entrée, with a smoky taste... mmmm ... A miracle!

Apart from excellent food and service the place is beautiful, with wooden floors and original decoration.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We visited Nantes for the weekend and booked this restaurant easily via their Facebook page, quick responses. The venue is very nice. The staff were all very helpful and was more than happy to translate everything to english for us as our French was limited at best. The food was outstanding, the combinations and flavours were extreme, and excellent dining experience, and the crispy duck balls were like little bites of heaven.

1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The restaurant is located at the edge of a slightly dodgy part of town and seems to be in a roofed-over courtyard. The setting is pleasant and the staff helpful.
There are a number of menus available, as well as the carte, and we went for the discovery menu that was 4 courses (more really) of the chef’s choice.
I’m not going to go into huge detail, other than to say that it was posh and complex and very, very good. However, the main was loin/fillet of pork and it hadn’t been properly trimmed so there was inedible sinew running through it. Other than that, the meal was very nearly perfect.
Our menu came with a couple of glasses of wine and we were invited to guess what they were: I git 1 correct .
It really was good value and, on that basis, I’d go again.

1  Thank Dr_Bob1
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Delicious food, attentive service, good wine. Slightly pricey, but worth it. We asked the staff to pick wines for pairing with the food, they did very well.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Only in Nantes for a few days, and tried to book for Friday. Full. Saturday? Also full but would we like to come on Sunday? Unheard of to find somewhere special open on Sunday. It is located in a nondescript part of town, and we walked through a rather seedy area to get there. The restaurant was stylish and welcoming. We had the €55 discovery menu, which included two generous glasses of different wines. There is no point in describing the menu, as it changes all the time, but each course was delicious, interesting, and very pretty. In any case we tried to write it all down when we got home and everything we noted ended up with 'and probably something else?' The charming waitress tried to get us to guess what the wines were. We tried eavesdropping what the people on the next table we're guessing, but they were on a different menu with different bottles. Can't claim to have got anywhere near the right answers. One was a Cotes de Duras from Gascony with a blend of four grapes I had never heard of. All I can say is this year's fashionable ingredients are pink peppercorns, preserved lemons, and black cardamom as all three were in this menu, and also in a cookery course we did on the Saturday. The cooking was innovative and clever, with very subtle use of spice.
If you are going to Nantes for goodness sake book in advance, as this is a food experience not to be missed. Oh, and when we were leaving and collecting coats the chef popped out to ask if we had enjoyed it. Much nicer than one of those chefly progresses round all tables expecting adulation.