All reviews town centre taxi sunday receptionist espresso castle
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We arrived in Angers on the day of the world cup final and we wanted to see the match in among French supporters. The receptionist was a charming lady who suggested that we take a taxi to the city centre. We did and it cost 15 euros. We searched around anf found a small bar and enjoyed the match.
The hotel was adequate for our needs and the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
NACHEZG1212, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Angers Lac de Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear customer,
We would like to thank you for your nice comment about our staff. We are really happy to let them know that you enjoyed the warm welcome from our dedicated front desk team.
However, we are sorry to read that some services weren't up to standard and we assuring you that we will notify the person in charge. We understand that the area is not the best for public transport but we can still find a solution for you.
Awaiting to welcome you again,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Front of house staff fantastic. However standards have dropped off. Room not properly prepared and neither was the second room. Breakfast was not up to standard as much because staff were no existant and food and milk was not replenished.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
NACHEZG1212, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Angers Lac de Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear customer,
Awaiting to welcome you again to change your idea about our breakfast,

Reviewed 23 July 2018

After booking the more central hotel we were told a week before that there would be no restaurant and no car park so requested a hotel change. This hotel was located by a business area with a 5 km walk to the town centre via the park and riverside. Very quiet with a lovely large room. Breakfast was very good with some hot food. No restaurant facilities on the Sunday we stayed there.

Dear customer,
We would like to thank you for your kind comment following your stay at Mercure Angers Lac de Maine.
We are really happy to read that you enjoyed your large room, the variety of our breakfast and even our car park. Indeed, on a Sunday night, when every restaurant is closed, we can provide room service on the patio or in your room for a cozy diner.
Awaiting to welcome you again in Angers,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Too far from the centre to be a good option for tourists. Fairly easy to access from freeway network, right beside a shopping centre. It was quiet but far from full so hard to judge. Restaurant closes some nights so check if you wish to use it. An older property that is probably close to refurbishment time.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NACHEZG1212, Manager at Hotel Mercure Angers Lac de Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear guest, We want to thank you for having taken some time to give us your feedback after your recent stay in our hotel. We regret to see you were disappointed by some services provided during your stay and we want to address our sincere apologies for that. Concerning the restaurant you can find their schedules in any website before your check in. Be assured we take note of every of your comments in order to improve what needs to be. Your confort and satisfaction are a real priority for us and we work every day to be up to your wishes. We hope to have you another time in order to win back your trust.
Best regards, Mister NACHEZ / Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I booked a Superior room which I have to say was far from Superior. The hotel is quite dated in public areas and still uses actual keys for room access. Sound proofing is poor in the rooms and I knew without question when the neighbours went to the toilet. Although small (for a Superior room) the room was actually quite nice except for the industrial woodchip walls and the big metal zip joining the two beds together to make a King. I was on my own but this would be very annoying for a couple. The toilet area was very poor with peeling wallpaper and stained door frames. Of the two lights in the bathroom, only one worked. I reported this to the reception staff and on return for my second night, it was still not working. It was nice to have a kettle in the room for tea, but only a very small coffee cream was given to make the tea. The cups were so small that they just about fit the tea bag in. The food from Room service was nice albeit small portions for the price. The staff were friendly except in the bar. When I went for my welcome drink, the barman gave me a beer with half beer and half bubbles. He almost threw it at me causing a lot of it to spill over with no apology or any other emotion. Finally, when it came to check out, the systems were down so the reception staff took my Credit Card details to check me out after they rebooted. They charged me for Breakfast for two days that I did not eat. I am now struggling to get the money back from them. They asked for my bank details, which I provided, they replied with 'no, we need your bank details'. Not helpful at all! Stress levels increasing!

I will be returning to this area for work on a regular basis, but I will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
NACHEZG1212, General Manager at Hotel Mercure Angers Lac de Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear guest,

We want to thank you for having taken some time after your stay to write us about it. How sorry we are to read such a negative comment.
We have no remember about your disappointment at the check out. You seems to have been subjected to several inconveniences during your stay. We just want to remind you our reception staff is available 24h/24 if you need it and you can phone us everytime. We want to adress our sincere apologies if you stay was degraded. Be assured we take good note of every of your remarks in order to improve what needs to be. Your trust needs to be rewarded by services up to your wishes and that was not the case. That's why, every services has been alerted to the inconveniences you've been through because what you describe don't have to happen again !
We met a computing issue at your check out, that's true. It doesn't happen very often fortunately but it can happens. That's the reason why we propose you to send the bill by e-mail and charge you credit card number in order to prevent waiting. You accepted and we thank you for that. This kind of issue are not really pleasant. Indeed, 2 breakfasts were charged by mistake. We immediatly inform you about that and asked you documents needed to make refund as soon as possible. Bank details is the only document we need and we just tryed to explain you what we meant without spitefulness. We do our best so the issue can be resolved quickly.

We really wish we were more up to your wishes. Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

We wish you a nice day !

Best regards,