“Quirky and tasty, with friendly staff”
Review of La Ferme

La Ferme
Ranked #68 of 488 Restaurants in Angers
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Looking for somewhere different on a rainy night, I'm glad I found La Ferme. I was welcomed as a solo diner and enjoyed my choices (although the duck was a tad chewy). I'm please they served local cheeses and a fine fois gras (with a glass of Coteaux Du Layon, naturally) Pleasantly full of tourists and locals too.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Checking out restaurants, we liked the menu here and the emphasis on fresh, local food. We were able to get reservations on Saturday evening, and arrived just after the restaurant opened for dinner. The young woman serving us was helpful and efficient, and we were particularly charmed by the family atmosphere of the people getting the restaurant ready for the dinner crowd. And dinner crowd there was...a mix of ages, dress, size of group. As the room filled up we enjoyed delicious, well-cooked food. La Ferme clearly has a local following.
Would I change anything? Ironically, I'd wished the portions were a bit smaller. My starter, a salad with warm cheese and ham, was really enough food for me, though so tasty I ate it all. My main course was equally delicious.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Many years ago, a naval colleague who was serving in the Netherlands made an interesting observation. She suggested you can nearly always find a decent untouristy restaurant in Europe on the square of the principal church in town. La Ferme fits with that rule, just a short walk from the Angers Cathedral.

Both inside and outside, the ambiance is relaxed and the service earnest and cheerful. The menu represents that they pride themselves on local or French ingredients of high quality and our dishes, and those we saw going to other tables, were attractively plated. and in our case, quite tasty. This is not gourmet food, but well balanced and decent fare. it is a fairly large restaurant and it seems they offer space for larger groups.

The seating is comfortable an the faux farm chotzkys amusing if a bit of a cliche. We believe we received fair value and a very satisfying lunch.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

This restaurant is on a square near the cathedral. We booked on an extremely busy Saturday night in December, they accommodated the extra person we had with us. I had the fish with potato and butter sauce which was excellent, my husband had the steak which he said was ok. Our son had a vegetarian plate which he loved - so glad they were able to prepare that for us. Puddings were ok - we had brownies and tarte tatin. Good quality food and extremely popular.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

The four of us all took the evening menu. I had foie gras, which was suitably decadent. My wife had the cepes veloute, one of the lower calorie entrees. I had steak for my main course, beautifully cooked with a roquefort sauce, huge portion. Our friends had the fish, my wife the coq au vin. The sauce was beautiful and the chicken flavorful. The desserts vary in size, if you want to a show stopper try the giant profiterole. Service was friendly, the wine selection good at reasonable prices. The food was delicious.