“Enjoyable evening meal”

Price range: US$17 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We did visit the restaurant as soon as it opened at 7 to book a table for later. It wasn't full but busy. Lovely atmosphere and the food, wine and service was very good. We chose to eat indoors but there were seats available outdoors as well. Restaurant is tucked away by the side of the Catherdral.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Ate here while staying at the nearby Ibis hotel on the way north to the ferry.
This was a good, busy restaurant. Had reserved in advance, which was as well because several people were turned away during our meal. The clientele was almost exclusively French which is probably a good sign.
The menu was varied with more than adequate choice and the young waiter was helpful and efficient. There is a large indoor space, but we ate outside as did almost all of the customers.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We had a good evening meal in La Ferme. The restaurant is in a square behind the cathedral and offers inside or outside tables.

The food was very good and the portions large. The confit was one of the best that I have had recently, well cooked but not over done.

The service was very friendly and made for a good atmosphere in the restaurant.

Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We booked on August 15th - never the easiest thing in France - and with a vegetarian, too - ditto. Not only was the special request to accommodate vegetarian requirements embraced enthusiastically, what they created off-menu was a showstopper! A huge bowl of salad, crudités, roasted vegetables, cheese, topped with a perfectly poached egg was more than enough to satisfy, and the homemade bread was the perfect accompaniment. As the name suggests, all produce was locally grown or sourced, and the scallops for the (non-veggie) starter were some of the best I've tasted. Perfectly cooked, with impressive coral, they were melt-in-the-mouth sweet. The menu was balanced by a delicious confit de canard, impeccably sourced cheeses, and a café gourmand. And then... I asked for a digestif. Appropriately, the well-informed staff offered a Loire specialty, but I was in the mood for an Armagnac, and so they brought me the list. A separate list, just for all the vintage Armagnac they hold, every year from '62 on, with tasting notes. I plumped for the year of my birth, and was not disappointed - it was smooth, cultured, refined. Much like other things from '73. The restaurant sits at the side of the gorgeous ground-lit cathedral, and will definitely be on the list of places to revisit. Angers is a jewel of the Loire; La Ferme is the foodie jewel of this city.

Thank G. Rhydian M
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We were served very quickly and correctly. I chose as a first course the scallops with risotto. Scallops were OK but the risotto was overcooked. As a main course I chose the cod. When I choose fish in a restaurant, I expect fresh fish, not something the comes out of the freezer, which was clearly the case here. For me, this was a complete failure.
Desert was OK. The wine, a white Sancerre, was very nice, and for a very acceptable price.