“Quality evening meal”

Price range: US$17 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We had a good evening meal in La Ferme. The restaurant is in a square behind the cathedral and offers inside or outside tables.

The food was very good and the portions large. The confit was one of the best that I have had recently, well cooked but not over done.

The service was very friendly and made for a good atmosphere in the restaurant.

Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We booked on August 15th - never the easiest thing in France - and with a vegetarian, too - ditto. Not only was the special request to accommodate vegetarian requirements embraced enthusiastically, what they created off-menu was a showstopper! A huge bowl of salad, crudités, roasted vegetables, cheese, topped with a perfectly poached egg was more than enough to satisfy, and the homemade bread was the perfect accompaniment. As the name suggests, all produce was locally grown or sourced, and the scallops for the (non-veggie) starter were some of the best I've tasted. Perfectly cooked, with impressive coral, they were melt-in-the-mouth sweet. The menu was balanced by a delicious confit de canard, impeccably sourced cheeses, and a café gourmand. And then... I asked for a digestif. Appropriately, the well-informed staff offered a Loire specialty, but I was in the mood for an Armagnac, and so they brought me the list. A separate list, just for all the vintage Armagnac they hold, every year from '62 on, with tasting notes. I plumped for the year of my birth, and was not disappointed - it was smooth, cultured, refined. Much like other things from '73. The restaurant sits at the side of the gorgeous ground-lit cathedral, and will definitely be on the list of places to revisit. Angers is a jewel of the Loire; La Ferme is the foodie jewel of this city.

Thank G. Rhydian M
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We were served very quickly and correctly. I chose as a first course the scallops with risotto. Scallops were OK but the risotto was overcooked. As a main course I chose the cod. When I choose fish in a restaurant, I expect fresh fish, not something the comes out of the freezer, which was clearly the case here. For me, this was a complete failure.
Desert was OK. The wine, a white Sancerre, was very nice, and for a very acceptable price.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Having walked for what seemed an age, we stumbled on this unassuming restaurant with outdoor seating.

We were met with a very warm welcome from a good looking French chap and they made a real effort to accommodate us with our wheelchair.

It was late and we only only fancied a main course so I had their homemade beef burger and to my great relief...they asked me how I would like it cooked!! So I asked for medium and I wasn't disappointed (as I knew it would come out medium to rare). It came with real home made chips too (not french fries) which was a bonus! !!!

The rest of the menu looked delicious and can definitely recommend a visit to this lovely place!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

not patience toward elderly foreign who try their best to speak French. Very arrogant and disrespectufl