All reviews one night old town marble stairs lovely old hotel bw hotel shower over the bath unload luggage fine choice car park which is secure parking perfect location reception staff buffet style lots of hot water comfortable rooms common areas a great stay
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Very well located hotel. Walking distance both from train station and city center with shopping and restaurants.

Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast lady was so sweet and helpful.

My room was clean and very nice but small. Nice sized bathroom and again very clean. A bottle of water and a tea/coffee tray was available in the room checking in.

BUT the bed..... so so hard! I had a hard time getting to sleep and when I woke I was sore all over. How ever, everyone has different requirements when it comes to a bed and I am sure it is a great bed for someone else, but not for me.

Over all a great stay!

Date of stay: February 2017
bwanjou, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel D'Anjou, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Kristina,
Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor.com. We do appreciate you took the time to write it and so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our Hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us as our guest satisfaction is our main priority. The bedding was completely changed 2 years ago and the returns are very positive. As you point out, each person is more or less sensitive to firmness or not bedding
We would like to welcome you back, Best regards N. BUSSON Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Great central location. Very quaint authentic French building. Beautiful building. Very small rooms and the elevator is a little scary. Breakfast is good but pricey. Go and see the Chateaux while you are here and the David D'Angers gallery. Well worth the visit. Very walkable city. Visit the Boulangeries and Patteseries. The food is amazing

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Leslie L
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I stayed here for one night before heading off to a work retreat and found the hotel to be suitable. It is only a short 10 minute walk from the train station and is located on the main street located next to many bars and restaurants.

My room was about the size I expected for Europe except the door didn't open fully into the room and luggage had to be lifted over the bed to enter. The furnishings were all modern and clean. I also appreciated a full tub in the bathroom as out of my 4 hotel rooms in one week in France this was the only one that had this feature.

The only downside was the free wi-fi wasn't working during my stay and they only answer was "that happens sometimes and we have to wait for the guy to fix it".

Breakfast was included and OK considering the price of the hotel but it wasn't the best, but it was sufficient.

My colleagues and I noted that the hotel had a haunted vibe to it and we felt the hallways were very creepy as depicted in the attached photo. However, no ghosts were spotted!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2016

We stayed twice recently, on the way to and from family.
Each time we were upgraded to a better room than we had booked
We stayed earlier in the Spring so we knew they had a small nearby carpark. I went to the reception desk and the lady immediately said, why not park your car and complete the booking in a few minutes time. So refreshing to have such helpful and thoughtful staff.
Each way we had very comfortable rooms, even the room at the rear without a street view was still spacious and not unpleasant view over the rear of the hotel
My one comment would be that for a big hotel it would be nice to have one international channel for news in English (I can catch up with usual television returning home, but world news is basic now)
Breakfast downstairs was excellent, you have to look around to find cutlery etc, but good choice of small pain au cholate and croissants, fresh juice, bread, cheese, ham yogurts etc

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 2 November 2016

A hotel within easy access of the centre ville. It has its own car park albeit not within the bulding but secure at €15 a night – short walking distance away.The rooms are comfortable and the common areas are traditional and decorated with pleasant antique furniture . There are two restaurants, a bistro and a more formal restaurant both serving excellent French cuisine. The bistro menu was around €70 with wine and two courses. Breakfast is normal hotel fare letting the hotel down slightly from its otherwise high standard. The quirky lift might not suit everyone of a claustrophobic nature as it is narrow and only takes people standing in front of each other not side by side !.

Room tip: No views of any real merit in this hotel but facing the park might be worth an ask.
Date of stay: October 2016