“Good Restaurant ”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We dined in this restaurant on a Thursday evening and we were glad we had booked as it was full.
They are quite keen to sell you a cocktail as an aperitif.
There is a tasting menu, but as we were dining out many times on holiday we opted for the à la cart.
My partner had an excellent beef dish and I ordered a fish dish which was very good.
The wine was not unreasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I came here with a friend on a Thursday night. I had booked a week earlier and had been right to do so as the place was full and many people were turned down as we were there. Always a good sign...

The meal was lovely. Not high cuisine but exactly what we were hoping for: semi gastro, good products with surprising twists. Portions were the perfect size.

My friend had a foie gras slice as a starter - I'm foie gras obsessed and I can say this one was excellent (superior to the one I had on another occasion that same week at La Couronne). My starter was the riz de veau (sweetbreads): just one but decent size and really lovely.
My friend seemed to like his fish and I enjoyed my main, a piece of veal. It was nice if maybe the least imaginative and memorable.
I enjoyed the three chocolate and textures dessert and seeing how quickly my friend's palet disappeared I suspect it was excellent.
The cheese plate was ok and the quality of the cheeses was good (we both had the Normandy cheeses). However I think it would be a welcome improvement to get a proper cheese platter going or to have slightly bigger portions.
The house red was nice and service was relaxed but spot on. Very friendly.

Overall, for roughly £37/pers it was a good value and really pleasing meal. We found the calm and warm atmosphere we were looking for, with good food.
To continue my comparaison with La Couronne: I'm from Rouen so I'm well aware of the difference between the two. La Couronne is more traditional and tailored for tourists. Seriously, for a similar price, it's a different experience but I think the quality is similar. As I said, some products such as the foie gras are better here and there's more research.

We'll be back and I think we'll make it the new go-to for my family when we fancy a special meal out without splashing out.

1  Thank Tabyria
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Not obvious from the outside, the decor is a bit confused, but the food really was top quality. The staff were very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere. We upgraded our "formula" menu because we couldn't decide what to have! We all had a different dish and were delighted with our choices. Beautiful, high class presentation and delicious to boot!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Although we did not dine in this restaurant (but should have done so) our friends did and raved about it. It is a contemporary environment with excellent cuisine.

1  Thank Jared F
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Everything was perfect!! Very good food and beautiful artistic plates!
I risk saying it's the best in the city!