“Waouh à se taper le cul par terre (sorry for this say)!”
Review of L'ODAS

L'ODAS
Reserve with
L'ODAS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 675 Restaurants in Rouen
Price range: US$34 - US$83
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Perfect food, prices more than correct, lovely atmosphere, never had such a good beef in my life!
Keep it up, this place is a hidden gem!!

There are newer reviews for L'ODAS

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Day trip from Paris - no reservation - lucky to get a table for lunch.
Had the chef's choice menu - starter,soup,2 entrees ,main and desert.
Exquisite food and attentive service.
Brilliant wine recommendation.
Excellent value for a Michelin stared restaurant.
Can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I know that Rouen boasts about 12 restaurants with Michelin Star chefs, but this is the only one we visited during our trip here. A very modern restaurant located in a airy old building. The staff were charming, knowledgeable and pleasant. We opted for the chef's taster menu of which we requested just seafood and fish as it was lunchtime. A large glass wall revealed the open kitchen with chef and his team all fussing with artist pallets or tweezers placing sliced food as if it were a Kandinsky painting. The tastes were sensational and it was easy to discuss the excellent wines to accompany the meal. If I said butternut squash soup, scollops, cod and a cheese board - it would not do the meal justice. It was a wonderful experience that lasted for two hours. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 1 November 2016

With all the hype and reviews I had read about this palce, I expected a lot from this restaurant. The service was good, but the food was surely underwhelming. I cannot understand why they would not serve water other than one that's bottled and at a cost of 8 euros, Michelin starred or not. That was not my experience at other Michelin restaurants.

The food was here was average, good, but nothing that wowed me or opened my culinary eyes. And I was served poached fish after stating that I don't like steamed fish. Perhaps that was a very French thing to do. Everything else was so-so, I can't even rem much of it. There wasn't the feeling that a lot of effort and thought and sweat was put into the dishes, even if it were the prix fixe lunch menu.

Regardless, after my recent experience at Michelin star restaurants, I would say one is much better off going to where the locals go. Have a good hearty meal at those places with fresh seasonal ingredients and leave happy like two birds.

Michelin starred restaurants have become overrated and undeserving of such accreditation these days. Fine dining as become too fine to really give any oomph. Or at least that's become too rare these days. Head to Auberge Saint Maclou or Restaurant Rodolphe instead. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Ariel W
Reviewed 8 October 2016

This is by far the worst Michelin Star Restaurant ever! We felt ignored during our visit and after making contact with them. Seriously the service they offer is limited to zero. We kindly contact the management but we never have seen any reply! A shame! Really a place to avoid ... this is our story

We arrived around 9 o'clock in the evening and were seated near the door. My friend right next to it. It was definatly not a comfortable spot but as the restaurant was full of people, there were no other places left.

As we took a look at the menu, we decided to go for the 6-courses menu called 'Take your time'. We also ordered two bottles of wine as we were on foot. A waiter turned up to show us some Australian Truffles and the question if we liked truffles. we told him we loved truffles. We were looking forward to a nice evening

First we got an appetizer of the house, which were divided in three small dishes. They were served on a plate by a waiter who didn't speak English very well. We only speak a little bit French so for us it's not easy to understand everyting what was served. We asked the waiter if he maybe could tell us in English what we were eating. He said, 'oh no problem, I'll call my friend'. We waited for 5 minutes for the explanition and finally he came to our table. This was the first and the last time we saw him appearing at our table. Only our appetizer has been explained to us in English, all other courses were put on the table and told by us in French by the waiter who knew we were not that good in French. A pitty when you get a lot of nice food without knowing what it exactly is.

The first course was served, and we were curieus of the wine. Even when we were trying to get attention all staff was busy with other things. We finished our first course without having wine. We got our wine only after the second course was already on the table. During the last hour of our visit in the restaurant, our glasses stayed empty. Nobody of the staff gave us attention so we decided to fill them by ourselves. Also the water was never been refilled. Again this was a pittyfull experience.

The last three courses of the menu were passing in a huge rush. Sorry to use the word 'huge' but it's absolutally not exaggerated. Between course three and four we got two minutes to take a breath. Between course four and five our waiter took our empty dishes to the kitchen and changed them immediatly for new plates. We don't have to tell you this is pitty again.

After finishing our meal, we did not even got the question if we enjoyed our dinner and evening. Probably because they knew the answer. I have to say, this was the very first time ever we did not tip the sfaff for their service. And service, is what you expect in a One Start Michelin Restaurant. To be honest, we were surprised that the Truffles came at extra costs as the waiter only asked if we liked truffles but nevertheless that is not a big issue.

We left after only about two hours and we were the last customers in the restaurant. It's quite sad that you sell your 6 course menu as 'Take your time'.

Afterall we must be honest and we expected a lot more. This was not the expierence we hoped for, and in fact it was a total dissapointment.

(communication availble about our visit by private message only)

6  Thank Mathias B