La Petite Auberge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, good traditional food with apparently quality products. The service is was perfect...in a fully booked evening the beer arrived in 10 seconds...

1  Thank Calin P

Reviewed 30 June 2017

During our recent stay in Rouen, we were looking for a reasonably priced, yet authentic dining experience and this was perfect. Situated in the old part of town, the look and feel met our wishes and the food exceeded them. My wife and I each started with the escargots. The only mistake I made with that is I ordered 6 as opposed to 12. They were spectacular. We then has moules frites which were excellent. A bottle of muscadet complemented the entire meal and we left very happy. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank sfinestone
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The "Le petite auberge" is a very nice and elegant restaurant down town Rouen.
Easy to find if you stay in an hotel in the old city.
Reservation for the dinner (one day before) is reccomended, becuase the restaurant, with its almost twenty tables, is usually full every day.
The atmosphere is very charming....you perceive to be in a restaurant of centuries ago...the tables are wide enough, with nice tablecloth.
I and my wife dined there two nights, the time we stayed in Rouen.
We were looking around for a nice restaurant along the day, but, to be honest, "Le petite auberge" has no competitors with this level of service in down town.
The food is excellent and well cooked, the wines are good as well.......
Seems to be a paradise....
Since you seat at the table you MUST wait 40/50 minutes to be served !!!!
For me is unacceptable.
May be the Owner will learn the lesson...but I'm negative on this.
the owen

1  Thank MarcoVR45
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The food was wonderful. This place could only be improved by having at least a reference menu in English. We got by, but may have missed the best things on the menu as our French is not 100%

1  Thank anonofbiggs
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Sweet restaurant in a traditional setting, extremely busy, they seemed to take covers all at the same time which meant a shortage of menus to give out and delay in taking orders - but they were friendly, hard working and organised, so whilst we waited over half an order to order food we trusted they would get to us and we relaxed with our delicious Sancerre. The food was fresh, delicious (steak with Camembert sauce was amazing) and beautifully cooked (food was a short wait from ordering), staff were great, really friendly and smiley. Fab eve.

2  Thank Catpin9