“Another satisfactory stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Another satisfactory stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We have stayed here three times, the last visit being for seven nights in late December over to New Year's 2012. We've been visiting family in Le Havre for 25 years. Adequate family accomodations in and around the city are rare (we have been presented with extra mattresses on the floor on more than a few occasions) and we were thrilled when the Novotel opened several years ago. It is a reliable, full service hotel, with modern facilities and helpful, professional staff. We even held my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party in one of their function rooms in 2009 and were extremely pleased with both the food and service. The hotel appears to cater to primarily a business clientele, but we see plenty of couples and families as well. Our "quad" room this year #225 was a queen bed and a pull-out couch. Dresser and closet space are ok for fewer people or shorter stays, but once again it was a stretch for two adults and two college-aged girls. Two of us never unpacked. Maid service this time ran the gamut, with little attention to the beds, towels, etc. at the beginning, and superior care of the room toward the end of the stay. We saw several sets of room service trays in the hallways overnight and sometimes all the next day, and the corridors desperately needed vacuuming. I'm not sure if this was because of holiday staffing, but based on past experience here I am sure that if I had mentioned anything, someone would have attended to the problems immediately. They provide vouchers for parking in an adjacent facility for minimal cost. As we were usually with family all day we spent little time in the hotel save to sleep and shower, but enjoyed another comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Families: spring for the two room suite (we've stayed in the one on the sixth floor) for a littl...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Nothing to say. Everything went very well. Nice breakfast. Good location. Spacious and clean rooms. The fitness room is a plus too. Altough I had forgotten my gear, I defenitely plan on goign for a run on my next visit to Le Havre. Perfect price-quality equation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We decide to spend the afternoon and night in Le Havre (on our way back to the UK from the Vendee) and booked the Novotel because they are always reliable. I also did not know Le Havre having only driven through it from the ferry before; both did not disappoint. Arrived outside the hotel and immediately got sent to the adjacent 'Parking de la Gare' (don't be frightened by the charges as the hotel has an arrangement, so pay at reception not in the machines). Reception staff were helpful and had followed my email request to have adjacent rooms for us and our children. After checking out the rooms (exactly as one expects in a Novotel, including the international TV channels that a previous reviewer bizarrely could not find???!) a helpful receptionist suggested we explore the new shopping mall opened in the former dock warehouses opposite. Loads of shops, art exhibits, restaurants (including a Japanese but we ended up with pizza to suit the children), play areas and even a cinema. We even went back the next morning before catching the ferry. Did not eat in the hotel but did have a nightcap in the bar. Excellent staff, great hotel and we had a fun time in Le Havre. The latter is not as beautiful as some of the French coastal towns but has an interesting maritime history and we were lucky enough to see the enormous Cunard ship Queen Elizabeth in dock.

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms are available for families.
London
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The location of this hotel cannot be any better although it hasn't got its own car park we were given a discounted 4euro for 24hr parking rate which is not bad. I advise that you park in front of the hotel and quickly drop your luggage before parking if you have a lot of luggages. The reception was a little bit too dark for me not enough natural light. The ambiance is nice. The check in was warm and fast. We were allocated 2 connecting as we requested as we requested but I only booked this hotel because I had no other option as there website does not indicate they have connecting rooms but I still went on to request one and I found out to my surprise that they do them. The rooms were clean and I enjoyed the power shower . we had a safe and minibar in the rooms. the corridors to the rooms is a good architechural piece. The railway station and coach station is just next door. We also enjoyed the free wifi and my son also liked the x box in the lobby. I would have expected the sofabed to be prepared in advance but I found that this was the norm in 2 novotels we stayed during our travel round France.

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This place is nicely located and just a short walk from the shops ( they are opposite) and the restaurants are about a 10 minute walk up the road- you can drive and it is probably easier if you have kids. The restaurants all round this place are nice and cater for vegetarians too. the hotel itself is clean and the receptionists are very helpful. We initially had a problem with the first room but they swiftly located us to another one without any fuss at all. I wouldn't stay more than a couple of days here though but it is good a s a stop over.