“Outdoor dining, with a view out to the village and a lovely garden.”
Review of Terra Cafe

Terra Cafe
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Giverny
Price range: US$18 - US$31
Cuisines: French
Description: Located in the heart of the Impressionnism Museum's garden, the Brasserie des Artistes is the ideal place for lunch or simply a drink on the terrace. The typical French menu offers many regional specialties and for the afternoon, a sweet offer accompanied by hot or cold drinks. Go to the Brasserie des Artistes to extend the visit to the museum or simply come and meet with family or friends and enjoy this exceptional setting.
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We had left a little late and arrived after 1 PM, at the museum. So it was lunch time, the crowds had thinned and an outdoor table was secured. A bit chilly, though a sunny day, light sweater weather. Started out with 2 glasses of wine, rose, and still water. She ordered a salad with ham, tomato, mushrooms, seasonal greens, and mild cheese. I ordered a burger and fries. As usual, she began to eat all my fries before any of her own meal, "they are hot now". All went well, food, service, people watching, a delight. Picking up several languages being spoken nearby, an international gathering.

2  Thank James W

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Okay, so I hate leaving bad reviews which is why even my worst reviews are 3 stars... but this is a cafeteria style restaurant located right next to Monet's Gardens. Inside the place there is lots of seating (inside and out) and there is a garden center and another shop in the same building grounds. We went just for coffee and it was of poor quality. We only wanted the espresso but it just was not a good one.

I'm sure it's practical for someone who wants a salad or sandwich on the go... but I wouldn't go here to necessarily save money (as the prices for sandwiches to-go) here were more than ones at Coin du Pain'tre down the road... and here the sandwiches were already made by 11am and sitting out (wrapped up of course) and at Coin du Pain'tre I saw them slicing the fresh homemade bread and making them as people came in to scoop them up.

I appreciated the bathroom facilities and the quick jolt of caffeine, but it was an expensive espresso and just so-so. Probably a good place to bring kids if you don't care much about what you are getting and can sit on your own without table service and worrying about the embarrassment kids can sometimes cause throwing a tantrum. This is the other reason why someone like me wouldn't want to eat a meal here was because of the popularity with young families.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee after before going in to the museum. Ordered two coffees which were ridiculously expensive and my husband had to complain the mugs were not filled adequately for a 7 euro price tag. He was told not to sit on a table for four despite it being a good half an hour before lunch service.
Not the welcome you expect.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Visited the Terra Cafe as it served lunch until 3pm. I had steak which was good but my wife had the seafood salad and she was not happy as the fish was not fresh and neither was the salad. Although we plan to return to Giverny, we will certainly not dine at the Terra Cafe again.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stopped in for drinks when we first arrived in Giverney after quite a long drive, it was around 11:45 but we only wanted drinks. Our party of 4 consisted of 4 adults, two of whom are over 70. I felt the service we experienced was appalling, told we could only sit in certain seats, made to wait for ages and then when the over priced drinks finally did arrive we were told we had to pay up front; why was this? It was hardly likely any of us could have out run the staff!
We had been thinking of going back for lunch but didn't bother, we spent our money elsewhere and had a much better experience.