1,415 results
All reviews air conditioning beautiful hotel sea view high ceilings five star beautiful room main dining room piano player smoked salmon movie stars film festival up to date service was impeccable enjoyed my stay spent one night top floor within easy walking distance
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I moved to Paris two years ago from San Francisco and have been exploring cities all across France.

I'd heard a lot about the city of Deauville (fashionable beach town with a famous history that includes Coco Chanel opening her first boutique there in 1913), but had no idea of what I’d find. I booked an easy, two hours train ride from Paris and discovered a magical city by the sea that stole my heart.

I stayed at the beautiful and stately, Hotel Barriére Le Royal Deuville. From the moment I arrived, I knew this was a special place. The hotel lobby has tall ceilings, a swank lounge with luxe red mohair seating, hip music playing in the background and an overall glamorous vibe. At dusk, they dim the lights and the lobby feels like old Hollywood.

The service is professional and top notch — from the efficiency at check-in to the nice man who delivered my luggage to my room there is a warmth and kindness that comes through with every interaction. The food is delicious both at their elegantly appointed restaurant and chic champagne bar.

When I arrived in my room there was a freshly-baked poundcake with a welcome note from the General Manager, Mr. Cyril Casabo, waiting on my desk…and moments later there was a knock at my door and a delivery of a fresh bouquet of flowers from the concierge. I was touched by the thoughtfulness and hospitality.

Just after check-in, I had a drink and light bite at the bar before exploring the area. The friendly bar manager, Thomas, recommended a new summer cocktail called a MojiDos, created by their own award-winning bartender at Hotel Barriére Le Normandy, their sister hotel just around the corner, and now served exclusively at both hotels…it's like a Mojito but made with Calvados (a local apple brandy) and it’s delicious! You’ve got to ask for it. After having a great experience at the hotel restaurant on my first night, Thomas recommended I go to Le Ciro’s for dinner the following evening and it was outstanding. Across the street from the hotel and literally on the board walk, the restaurant offers an excellent menu that features the freshest seafood and superb desserts. I sat outside and watched a beautiful sunset then walked to the Casino for a fun night at the tables.

The following day, the helpful concierge recommended walking into town for some sightseeing and shopping, followed by an afternoon polo match. It was my first polo event and it was terrific — classic, spirited and fun!

The overall vibe of Deaville is enchanting and only made better by the experience of having stayed at this majestic five-star hotel. I can’t say enough about how impressed I am by the hospitality and gracious service offered by Cyril Casabo and the entire team. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Cyril_CASABO, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having shared your experienced at the Hotel Barriere le Royal Deauville.
We are more than glad to read how much you appreciated your stay in our property. Also thank you very much for all these beautiful comments. They have been shared to Thomas and all of our team. This is their most beautiful rewards. As passionate hoteliers, we always seek to offer the best service to our guests and leave our property with a memorable stay.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again very soon in our establishment.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Hi, we spent one night there.....the hotel is a very old one but well kept. If you arrive to Deauville you really do not have many options. This is why we choose it. The city is very nice and the area is beautiful. So you will need a car if you want to check out the other small towns in the area.
We got a nice room and in the morning went to the breakfast in the hotel that the day of arrival the lady at the concierge said that if we want the breakfast it will be 30€ instead of 35€ . So we excpected a very nice buffet breakfast but we're very disappointed. A very small selection of pastries, breads, jams and egg. Not what you expected from a 5 star hotel that charges 35€ per person.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We would like to thank for your stay at the Hotel Barrière Le Royal Deauville.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed the city and the area.

However, we would like to apologize if the breakfast did not meet your expectations, and your remarks have been shared to the food and beverage manager.

We hope to welcome you back you again very soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

It had been well over ten years since I last stayed at the Royal and this visit was perhaps the best. The front office staff..under Sophie's direction is top flight. Cyril Casabo, the Directeur general of the Royal, is seemingly everywhere at the same time. Our room was part of the Matt Damon suite and was a very very large corner bedroom with sweeping ocean and sunset views. The breakfast buffet is superb. I paid cash for all of my bar visits so Msr. Casabo has no idea how large my actual spend was!! A recommendation: the foie gras served in the bar is outstanding. I found all of the staff to be courteous and always willing to be of assistance. The Royal is within easy walking distance to all of Deauville's shops, restaurants, and the beach. I give the Royal my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Request a Sea View Room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Cyril_CASABO, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear sir, Madame

In the name of the entire Royal Barriere Team, I would like to deeply and sincerely thank you for these wonderful words you have shared with us on TRIP ADVISOR. Our iconic hotel is everyday managed by a true passionate staff, trying to exceed our client’s expectations and delivering our guests a wonderful experience....that is our main objective. I will share your exceptional comments with everyone and once more thank you....

Wishing you a marvelous summer end and looking forward the pleasure to welcome you back in Deauville....

Cyril CASABO

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Hotel, location food and staff; fabulous. Would have been 5 stars other than it took us some time to locate the minibar, work out the coffee machine and find our luggage !!!
Attentive, helpful staff. Valet parking.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms worth the extra ...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Cyril_CASABO, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having stayed at the Hotel Barrière le Royal Deauville.

We are very glad that you have much appreciated your stay in our hotel. However we are sorry for the inconvenience you have faced in the room and with your luggage. Your remarks have been shared to our teams to prevent this from happening again.

We hope to welcome you back again in our property.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed at hotel for 9 nights. Treated like royalty, gave me a small bottle of champagne for my birthday, so professional and the staff knew us by name immediately, how do they do that? Five star means five star at this great hotel, no thing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: We had room on 3rd floor with wonderful sea view and what sunsets
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cyril_CASABO, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having shared your experience at the Hotel Barrière Le Royal Deauville.

We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to satisfy our guests and leave a memorable experience. All your compliments have been shared to our teams and thank you very much.

We hope to welcome you back again to our property for your next stay in Deauville.