All reviews wall paper le petit dejeuner beautiful hotel very nice stay on arrival sister hotel the air conditioning indoor pool large hotel room service luxury hotel the location is perfect dining room reception staff film festival casino partying
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel recently and loved every moment.
Our room was stunning and the air conditioning worked well.
We did Bed and breakfast and all was excellent. Plus we indulged in the spa which was amazing!
We can't wait to return.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear sarahQ9840HP,

We thank you for this great review on TripAdvisor and are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the time spent with us.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you for another wonderful stay at the hotel Barrière Le Normandy.

Best regards,

Directeur Général

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We have previously stayed in the Royal which did not have air conditioning in the room, not sure why, I thought this was standard in a 5 star hotel. This time we booked the Normandy which advertised the rooms did have air conditioning unfortunately not in room 177. We complained and a maintenance man arrived who worked in the ceiling saying he would check back in an hour but all was ok. We returned from dinner at 1030pm to find our room was 24 degrees as the air conditioning did not work. After complaining and being told the hotel was full we were given room 183 and left to transfer our belongings at 11pm. Breakfast was a real bun fight, not enough staff to clean tables or deliver tea and coffee, extremely busy. Why do some French hotels permit dogs ?? This hotel does and they are everywhere including the dining rooms, STOP IT !!!!!!
I along with my fiends DO NOT want dog in the breakfast and dining rooms, they have fleas, smell and mess everywhere. This hotel could be so nice but due to the poor management it’s 3 star at best.

1  Thank PilotPA46
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear PilotPA46,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience on Tripadvisor.

We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your recent stay in our hotel, and please allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire team for having disappointed you. Such service is not common with us and does not reflect our usual high levels of guest service.

Please be assured that your comments will be well forwarded to the Executive Team in order to take the right measures.

We can only hope that you will give us another chance to change your mind in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Service was exactly that which one requires of such an establishment, excellent.
Food and the bar are very good, the musicians were quite accomplished and had a good repertoire which appeared to please all present. The ideal hotel for a weekend retreat.

Room tip: Limited parking advise is to book it in advance.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear 608douglas,

I am delighted you pushed the doors of the hotel Barrière Le Normandy Deauville in order to enjoy a nice moment with us and I thank you for having shared your satisfaction on Tripadvisor.

We all hope to see you again soon and wish you a wonderful evening.

Warm regards,

Général Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel during a tour of Normandy. Our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful, had updated bathrooms and every amenity you require. The property itself is stunning! We enjoyed live piano in the lobby bar and our exchanges with concierge and reservation staff were excellent. The location is perfect. You can walk everything and are no more than 5 minutes from the beach. We had room 166 and a view of the village. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Natasha F,

First of all, a huge thank you for this excellent comment following your stay in our hotel Barrière Le Normandy.
I am pleased to read that you spent a perfect moment here with us mostly thanks to our rooms but also thanks to the kindness of all of my teams.

That will be a real pleasure for me to welcome you again soon in our establishment.

Jérôme LIMOGES

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I have booked this room to celebrate my birthday. We called them to explain them our reasons to stay in the hotel and my bf talked to them to plan a gift for me in the room.When we arrived to the hotel we where in their reception where a person of the stuff explained where to find different areas ( breakfast, spa and casino ) although she seemed nice she was in a robotic mood so not even look at her eyes would change or add any gesture. Then she took us to the room, we took a double and tried to have a sea view. The room was really small with some dirty spots and cracked walls.... it was disappointing for a 220€ room, the « bathroom «  area wasn’t better, a separation with a paper wall like a provisionally solution was departing the room and the bath. Inside a small shower with dirt spots. The view was finally a small corner window looking to the sea. We said ok.... as the staff girl said this was a very good room for our rate. When we turned on the tv there was a message welcome my bf buy his first and family name ( I’m not there ? ) and a card from the hotel saying happy birthday to him. At this point I was laughing how silly and bad organization they have. We decided to spend a great day outside and come back. When we arrived some roses were put on the bed very nicely that was the supplement my bf got, we were having some good laughs like anyone that has a fun conversation the concierge knocked out door saying that we are too loud and we are disturbing the room next to us, even if I apologized his look of the Grinch could find any kindness. All this was at 10h30 a bit early to complain but well I understand that those paper walls hide nothing. We went out again and then have some rest. At morning we went to the breakfast buffet and honestly it was very disappointing. I love a good breakfast like British do and the quality of the products and cooking was disappointing. They just don’t know how to do. Also is was poor of choices, when I looked to te hotel pictures it looked like a lot but in reallity there is not. Another problem they didn’t have non lactose milk which I think must be very demanded... we went to the pool and sauna . They are ok.... let’s say but not for a great hotel. Check out took a while but no problem.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Rosa E,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience in our hotel Barrière Le Normandy.

I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always try to propose a personnalized and warming welcome for all of our guests and if that was not the case for you, I am really sorry.

About the misunderstanding with your TV and the letter, this is because we always put only one name on the TV, the name of the reservation. And we should not have the information that it was your birthday and not his, please receive my apologies for this disagrement.

I took into consideration all of your remarks, this will help us to improve ourselves.

However, I hope you will give us a second chance by coming back in our establishment to receive the quality of service that you have the right to have.

Jérôme LIMOGES