All reviews wall paper le petit dejeuner beautiful hotel very nice stay on arrival sister hotel the air conditioning indoor pool large hotel room service luxury hotel the location is perfect dining room reception staff film festival casino partying
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel during a tour of Normandy. Our stay was perfect. The room was beautiful, had updated bathrooms and every amenity you require. The property itself is stunning! We enjoyed live piano in the lobby bar and our exchanges with concierge and reservation staff were excellent. The location is perfect. You can walk everything and are no more than 5 minutes from the beach. We had room 166 and a view of the village. We will be back!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Natasha F,

First of all, a huge thank you for this excellent comment following your stay in our hotel Barrière Le Normandy.
I am pleased to read that you spent a perfect moment here with us mostly thanks to our rooms but also thanks to the kindness of all of my teams.

That will be a real pleasure for me to welcome you again soon in our establishment.

Jérôme LIMOGES

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I have booked this room to celebrate my birthday. We called them to explain them our reasons to stay in the hotel and my bf talked to them to plan a gift for me in the room.When we arrived to the hotel we where in their reception where a person of the stuff explained where to find different areas ( breakfast, spa and casino ) although she seemed nice she was in a robotic mood so not even look at her eyes would change or add any gesture. Then she took us to the room, we took a double and tried to have a sea view. The room was really small with some dirty spots and cracked walls.... it was disappointing for a 220€ room, the « bathroom «  area wasn’t better, a separation with a paper wall like a provisionally solution was departing the room and the bath. Inside a small shower with dirt spots. The view was finally a small corner window looking to the sea. We said ok.... as the staff girl said this was a very good room for our rate. When we turned on the tv there was a message welcome my bf buy his first and family name ( I’m not there ? ) and a card from the hotel saying happy birthday to him. At this point I was laughing how silly and bad organization they have. We decided to spend a great day outside and come back. When we arrived some roses were put on the bed very nicely that was the supplement my bf got, we were having some good laughs like anyone that has a fun conversation the concierge knocked out door saying that we are too loud and we are disturbing the room next to us, even if I apologized his look of the Grinch could find any kindness. All this was at 10h30 a bit early to complain but well I understand that those paper walls hide nothing. We went out again and then have some rest. At morning we went to the breakfast buffet and honestly it was very disappointing. I love a good breakfast like British do and the quality of the products and cooking was disappointing. They just don’t know how to do. Also is was poor of choices, when I looked to te hotel pictures it looked like a lot but in reallity there is not. Another problem they didn’t have non lactose milk which I think must be very demanded... we went to the pool and sauna . They are ok.... let’s say but not for a great hotel. Check out took a while but no problem.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Rosa E,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience in our hotel Barrière Le Normandy.

I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always try to propose a personnalized and warming welcome for all of our guests and if that was not the case for you, I am really sorry.

About the misunderstanding with your TV and the letter, this is because we always put only one name on the TV, the name of the reservation. And we should not have the information that it was your birthday and not his, please receive my apologies for this disagrement.

I took into consideration all of your remarks, this will help us to improve ourselves.

However, I hope you will give us a second chance by coming back in our establishment to receive the quality of service that you have the right to have.

Jérôme LIMOGES

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We have been visiting this hotel since December 2004. Every year we have been a little more than disappointed. This year was
exceptional. We arrived to a small room with just a shower (no bath). No tea bags , 2 empty coke cans in the mini bar. The towels and dressing gowns a slight shade of white. What has happened to this "Fairy Tale" hotel? With great disappointment, this will be our last visit

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Anne H,

The hotel Barrière Le Normandy Deauville would like to thank you for your recent stay.

It’s always a pleasure to welcome you, and I am so sorry to learn about your disappointment.

Regarding to the bathroom, we have different rooms and some have a shower, others have a bath, and some of them have both. In this case, please do not hesitate to contact our reception. My team is always pleased to find the best room regarding to our guests needs and expectations.

Moreover, I have taken good notes of your feedback about the minibar. Please be sure that this incident will never happen again and that I will follow up on this personally. I present you my sincerest apologies for all inconveniences encountered.

The Fairy Tale is still alive, and we would be honored if should you give us another chance to show you that the Normandy is unique,

My Best Regards,

Jérôme Limoges,

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Hotel Normandy is one of these mythical palce, straight from a proust novel or even a Duras movie (even if it's the home of the American film festival). We had a business gathering and it was impeccable. Good food, great rooms, unique atmosphere. The casino part is tacky and sad but separated from the hotel. We are not in Vegas but in some kind of Grand Budapest Hotel on the Channel.

Room tip: sea view of course
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear donniefritts,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment and leave us a rating further to your recent stay at the hotel Barrière Le Normandy.

It was such a pleasure welcoming you, and we are pleased to read you appreciated your overall stay with us.
We are glad to see that our renovated rooms and our restaurant were to your liking and that our service met your needs.

We look forward to welcoming back in a not too distant future,

Best Regards,

Jérôme Limoges

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I was there for 3 days, for a sales conference. First of all, the hotel has a lot carisma and is very well kept. The room was very nice, even though the decor is a bit old fashioned but that has a charm to it I must admit.

The breakfast buffet was very lovely and all of us enjoyed that immensely. But the rest of the meals at the restaurant for lunch and dinner was just bad and so low of standard. None of us finished our plates. It was so disapointing. It was so obvious that the food has been defrosted and put on a plate. Lack of flavour and craftsmanship. The fish served at lunch on the third day was raw.

So conclusion will have to be, that I would stay at the hotel again but would most certainly eat all meals besides breakfast somewhere else.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank melisa1978
LIMOGES_Jerome, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear melisa1978,

The whole team thanks you for taking the time to write a comment and leave us a rating further to your recent stay at the hotel Barriere Le Normandy.

It was a pleasure having you, and we are glad to see you had a nice overall experience.

That’s great to learn that you appreciated our beautiful property, comfortable and nicely decorated rooms, and our delicious breakfast.

However I am very sorry to learn that our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Kindly note that our chef always uses fresh products in order to guarantee our guest experience. Please next time you come, do not hesitate to tell our team members about the cooking of your food, they would be pleased to bring it back to the kitchen.

We remain at your entire disposal,

Best Regards,